Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Detailing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    Whoever it was that suggested the bulk pack of Costco microfibre towels. Thank you!

    Best microfibre towels I've used for car washing.
    They’re great value. Some of the fancy Korean (generally) 70:30 ones are spectacular to use, but $$$

    Then comes the discussion about nap, edging etc etc

    Its a bit of a holy war though, if you get some microfibre wash, or a basic wool wash they’ll serve you well for ages.

    ---
    Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

    Comment


      Originally posted by mizone View Post
      Whoever it was that suggested the bulk pack of Costco microfibre towels. Thank you!

      Best microfibre towels I've used for car washing.
      Yep, have been using these for years... They are fantastic.

      Comment


        Shop Bowdens BOMWASH Cloths & Towels at Automotive Superstore - Free Shipping $99+ AfterPay, Zip Humm - Australian Owned
        "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

        Comment


          Tried out Fully Slick yesterday on the ute - good results but a bit annoying to work with in that it doesn’t buff off easily. I could see a few spots I’d missed when I looked at it again today.

          I’m aiming to give all of our cars a good clean up and wax etc these summer holidays. SS and ute are done.

          Comment


            My Meguiars Quick detailer has run out.. Even though it has always done the job for me, I wouldn't mind giving something else a go. Something off the shelf. Bowdens, or Auto Glym etc?

            Or should I stick with the Meguiars?
            1969 Datsun 1000 Sedan
            1989 1.6l Daihatsu Charade

            Life For me Has it's UP'S and DOWN'S........ I fix ELEVATORS

            Comment


              How long should I wait before applying a second ceramic coat?
              .

              Comment


                I prefer boss gloss after a wash but understand it has no protection.

                fully slick offers protection but is much harder to use / wipe / buff off I find.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by milo View Post
                  My Meguiars Quick detailer has run out.. Even though it has always done the job for me, I wouldn't mind giving something else a go. Something off the shelf. Bowdens, or Auto Glym etc?

                  Or should I stick with the Meguiars?
                  P&S Beadmaker may be worth a shot, I like it, but is it head an shoulders better than everything else? Maybe for flexibility as a LSP, drying aide or a quick detailer, but I’m not 100% sure I see it make so much more of a difference on an otherwise clean/detailed car.
                  ---
                  Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Spammy View Post
                    How long should I wait before applying a second ceramic coat?
                    is there a reason you want to? what product is it?

                    I'd leave it overnight at least, and if you really want to do another the next day

                    Comment


                      Did a second coat 24 hours later. Made a small difference to what was already an impressive result.
                      .

                      Comment


                        What’s with this Costco microfibre? I am a sucker for microfibre. Every time super cheap has a sale on a certain microfibre, I buy online and grab whatever they have in stock. It’s usually around the 30-40 mark. The yellow microfibre twin pack for 8 bucks, I wait till they have it for 4.

                        Comment


                          One thing I absolutely swear by for plastic trims is 303 aerospace protectant. I have an old car that lives outside 24/7 for the last 3 years and the dash and trim are still perfect. I reapply it every 6 months.

                          Oo___oO

                          Comment


                            Anyone know where to get stubby/short Karcher trigger guns here. Like this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/133576350371

                            Our karcher lance/wand got damaged in the move and was thinking of seeing if I could get one of the short guns instead of replacing the standard one.
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The new nugget
                            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by takai View Post
                              Anyone know where to get stubby/short Karcher trigger guns here. Like this: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/133576350371

                              Our karcher lance/wand got damaged in the move and was thinking of seeing if I could get one of the short guns instead of replacing the standard one.


                              Pressure Washer Accessories Archives - Magic Mobile Detailing (magicdetailing.com.au)
                              Emo 6 - Track
                              '74 Mazda 808 - Daily/Resto project [SOLD]
                              2010 Swift Sport of boredom

                              Comment


                                edit... wrong type
                                Last edited by Reax; 09-01-21, 09:36 PM.
                                "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X