No announcement yet.

Car Detailing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For tyre shine application I use this https://www.bowdensown.com.au/all-sorts
    "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

How long is the SCA sale on Bowdens stuff running for?

Comment

Originally posted by dab.of.oppo View Post
        Any tips on removing Autglym paint sealant from bare black plastic flares?

This is the culprit. https://www.autoglym.com.au/products...oss-protection
        Isopropyl Alcohol. If it's been on there for ages and has soaked into the plastic a little, IPA might not get it all off.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
          How long is the SCA sale on Bowdens stuff running for?
          Usually for a couple of days.

If you miss out, you may have to wait as long as another few days before it's all on sale again.

Comment

Haha
            Can't see anything about Bowdens stuff being on sale on their website, would like to get some more of that foam stuff for the snow cannon, but $100 a bottle is a bit spendy.

Comment

Check Autobarn and Repco . It’s like a Discount Centipede between that lot.
              ---
              Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

I think the SCA sale was only on Saturday. On Wednesday I had already bought $150 worth of bowdens shit which wasn't on sale.
                Big bottle of Snow Job was $60 I think.
                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
                  Big bottle of Snow Job was $60 I think.
                  Return it if you can. It's terrible. Thin, watery foam no matter how you mix it.......and that's with the Bowdens cannon. I use Dodo Juice Apple iFoam, far better.

YMMV I guess.

Comment

Haha
                    Can't see anything about Bowdens stuff being on sale on their website, would like to get some more of that foam stuff for the snow cannon, but $100 a bottle is a bit spendy.
                    Buy something else, it's one of Bowdens poorest performing products, along with their 'new' formula wheel cleaner. If you were local I'd drop off the remaining 2/3 full large bottle I'm unlikely to ever use.

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

Return it if you can. It's terrible. Thin, watery foam no matter how you mix it.......and that's with the Bowdens cannon. I use Dodo Juice Apple iFoam, far better.

YMMV I guess.
                      I used it yesterday and it seemed fine. Thicker than the meguires stuff I used in the past. Didn't stick to the car as much as I've seen some stuff do but it was ok for me. Contributed to the car looking fantastic.
                      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

YMMV I guess.
                        Hmm it seemed to go on thick here, but we were using pure rainwater with it. I only used the initial sample bottle. Someone said the Bilt Hamber stuff was good? Where can you get that dodo stuff from affordably? Otherwise I'll just toss some of my old meguiars soft wash gel in the foamer bottle.

Comment

https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/d...ncentrate.html

Comment

Hmm it seemed to go on thick here, but we were using pure rainwater with it. I only used the initial sample bottle. Someone said the Bilt Hamber stuff was good? Where can you get that dodo stuff from affordably? Otherwise I'll just toss some of my old meguiars soft wash gel in the foamer bottle.
                            Yep, Bilt Hamber is excellent, far better than Bowden's.

https://youtu.be/WmVeTbarlH4
                            That guys has heaps of excellent comparison videos, including several foam ones. The BH foam has always been his go to though a more recent video shows the wax planet 8 below probably pips it.

Comment

Is there any stockists in the Newcastle region for it? Or is it an online only thing?

Comment

Is there any stockists in the Newcastle region for it? Or is it an online only thing?
                                I've only seen it at Car Care Products.....

Comment

Working...
                                X