Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car Detailing

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    What is the current hotness for leather conditioners?
    I've just run out of Zymol and have used duragloss 222 in the past

    Comment


      Had a demo session at Deluxe Detail yesterday and they mentioned they use Optimum No Rinse as their main wash method. I think it went like this.
      - Pressure Rinse
      - Foam
      - Rinse
      - ONR Wash, 2 buckets, 30ml, 5L water.
      - Dry, no drying aids
      - Spray detailer/coating, can't remember what it was exactly, their brand I think.

      They cleaned my car in the demo so I can see how clean and scratch free it is (has GTechniq coating too). Its obviously a great way to clean and the reviews that are out there are extremely positive. Most people seem to use multiple microfibre towels rather than a 2 bucket method which seems to reduce the risk of diluting the mix.
      Any feedback here?
      I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

      Comment


        NFI, but after the khana today, just the hose got 98% of the dirt off From this :Click image for larger version

Name:	180606602_214820393407298_5492715200302114770_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=cgZAvjNiS5kAX_Lv80_&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=461e14feda731ca1715f75eb33299599&oe=60B39D68.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	7248975

        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

        Dr Hoon
        .

        DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

        Comment


          to this :Click image for larger version

Name:	180928511_903547203541064_4209347329202241794_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=iU1mZ4RkA_oAX9iixn3&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=3ad9d732adeb752702059f8e948becc1&oe=60B41222.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	313.3 KB
ID:	7248977
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

          Dr Hoon
          .

          DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

          Comment


            Still needed a quick was, but I was astounded at how well it works.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

            Dr Hoon
            .

            DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

            Comment


              Originally posted by 23Kev View Post
              Had a demo session at Deluxe Detail yesterday and they mentioned they use Optimum No Rinse as their main wash method. I think it went like this.
              - Pressure Rinse
              - Foam
              - Rinse
              - ONR Wash, 2 buckets, 30ml, 5L water.
              - Dry, no drying aids
              - Spray detailer/coating, can't remember what it was exactly, their brand I think.

              They cleaned my car in the demo so I can see how clean and scratch free it is (has GTechniq coating too). Its obviously a great way to clean and the reviews that are out there are extremely positive. Most people seem to use multiple microfibre towels rather than a 2 bucket method which seems to reduce the risk of diluting the mix.
              Any feedback here?
              Very odd that the would go through such a lengthy process and for the wash stage use Optimum No Rinse. The whole idea of Optimum No Rinse is that you can use it on a lightly soiled car and it saves you alot of time compared to getting out the pressure washer, all the cleaning gear, shampoo etc. With the process above you're almost just as quick to continue on with a standard wash process rather than use ONR.

              I bought a gallon of ONR a while back to use on my cars. Although, if I'm using ONR or even a typical traditional wash method I always just use one bucket with multiple wash mitts / multiple microfibers (it's much safer than the 2 bucket method). Any time I've used ONR in the past I've always sprayed down the car with a presoak of ONR first - to loosen up the dirt.

              To be honest, I'm a traditionalist, I see the science behind it, I know the lubrication is good, but I personally just prefer using a good prewash and then a good hand wash technique with a good shampoo, one bucket method and multiple mitts over ONR.

              Comment


                anything you can do to stop dust magnetizing itself to the car short of a car cover? Hit it with a leaf blower? or are there products that can stop this.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                  NFI, but after the khana today, just the hose got 98% of the dirt off From this :Click image for larger version

Name:	180606602_214820393407298_5492715200302114770_n.jpg?_nc_cat=109&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=cgZAvjNiS5kAX_Lv80_&_nc_ht=scontent-syd2-1.xx&oh=461e14feda731ca1715f75eb33299599&oe=60B39D68.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	291.2 KB
ID:	7248975
                  How did you go? Handbrake do what you expected?? Probably best to reply in the GRY thread not here...
                  Originally posted by Gussy View Post

                  Very odd that the would go through such a lengthy process and for the wash stage use Optimum No Rinse. The whole idea of Optimum No Rinse is that you can use it on a lightly soiled car and it saves you alot of time compared to getting out the pressure washer, all the cleaning gear, shampoo etc. With the process above you're almost just as quick to continue on with a standard wash process rather than use ONR.

                  I bought a gallon of ONR a while back to use on my cars. Although, if I'm using ONR or even a typical traditional wash method I always just use one bucket with multiple wash mitts / multiple microfibers (it's much safer than the 2 bucket method). Any time I've used ONR in the past I've always sprayed down the car with a presoak of ONR first - to loosen up the dirt.

                  To be honest, I'm a traditionalist, I see the science behind it, I know the lubrication is good, but I personally just prefer using a good prewash and then a good hand wash technique with a good shampoo, one bucket method and multiple mitts over ONR.
                  That makes a whole lot of sense. I guess if you are doing multiple cars a day saving a bit of time makes sense, but for us DIYers it really wouldn't make that much difference. ONR to save on the time for pressure washer etc seems like a decent way to go.
                  I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

                  Comment


                    So I don't know much about ceramic coatings but need to get the nopics car and my daily done. Both are a few months old.

                    A local guy offers gtechniq crystal serum lite / ultra for 990 / 1500 respectively. Gets good reviews and this product seems decent.

                    Is this a reasonable price and product? Is there is a significant difference between the two options. I don't think we will keep either car longer than about 4 to 5 years.
                    POWER CHIP free since 2003.

                    Comment


                      I'm going to get my Supra done soon. I'm going with the Gtechniq Ultra + 2 coats EXOv4 for $1400 ($1000 cash on a weekend). I was expecting around the $1500 mark.

                      Another detailer (who admittedly is know for being top notch) wanted $2500 for a new fangled Titan coating that self-heals with heat. I can't justify that sort of money though.
                      6L FD3S RX7
                      GR Supra

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by timtx5 View Post
                        So I don't know much about ceramic coatings but need to get the nopics car and my daily done. Both are a few months old.

                        A local guy offers gtechniq crystal serum lite / ultra for 990 / 1500 respectively. Gets good reviews and this product seems decent.

                        Is this a reasonable price and product? Is there is a significant difference between the two options. I don't think we will keep either car longer than about 4 to 5 years.
                        go see nick and dan at deluxe detail, they do good stuff and use gtechniq - they're in sherwood

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

                          go see nick and dan at deluxe detail, they do good stuff and use gtechniq - they're in sherwood
                          Thanks,
                          I would if I was still in Brisbane. Should update my location to gold coast. Just can't find the time to do a trip up there.
                          POWER CHIP free since 2003.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X