X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron
    replied
    Originally posted by Gussy View Post

Was that discolouring / fading painted calipers? (The story I heard was HSV brakes or something).
    Definitely heard of Snow foams causing issues on single stage paints and powder coats. Also curling of rubbers and a etching/bleaching of plastics and rubbers in some cases.

Not just Bowdens, but across the board Snow Foam is a product that by nature is reasonably harsh, then you have to trust the user to apply it correctly under the right circumstances (usually cold/cool car including brakes etc) and then not to let it dry on the car, and then to completely flush it off and out of nooks and crannies. Would be hard to completely “pin it on” the Snowfoam but I’ve seen “safe” chemicals do all manner of bad things.

I think Bowdens “new” formula is more about trying to maintain the hype in the fan base, plus probably adjust their chemistry for any number of reasons (cost and availability of inputs, risk of damage done to some surfaces etc).

Ceramic Detailing sprays can be pretty potent if left in a pool/droplet on painted finishes, and that’s been an issue for many years, it’s user error, but no one likes user errors that have “repaint” consequences

Leave a comment:

• Gussy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

I'd love to know the official reason behind the 'new formula'
    I know the internet rumour (and have seen it in person once)
    Was that discolouring / fading painted calipers? (The story I heard was HSV brakes or something).

Leave a comment:

• Gussy
    replied
    Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post

have you tried the heat gun option in the instructions? got a few months out of it last time I used it
    Not yet, been meaning to get the old hair dryer out to give that a go!

Leave a comment:

• Stix Zadinia
    replied
    Originally posted by andy_wk View Post

Buy something else, it's one of Bowdens poorest performing products, along with their 'new' formula wheel cleaner. If you were local I'd drop off the remaining 2/3 full large bottle I'm unlikely to ever use.
    I'd love to know the official reason behind the 'new formula'
    I know the internet rumour (and have seen it in person once)

Leave a comment:

• Stix Zadinia
    replied
    Originally posted by Gussy View Post
    I personally use Gyeon Tire which I find great.

https://gyeonquartz.com.au/product/tire/
    have you tried the heat gun option in the instructions? got a few months out of it last time I used it

Leave a comment:

• Gussy
    replied
    I use Bilt Hamber auto foam, shampoo, their APC / degreaser (Surfex HD) and their clay bar. Fantastic products.

Leave a comment:

• Luke352
    replied
    Originally posted by willsy01 View Post

I've only seen it at Car Care Products.....
    Also ppcco but yes unless you live near a Car Care Products outlet it is online only in Aus.

Leave a comment:

• Spammy
    replied
    A mate of mine used to be the "head chemist" at a low to mid level automotive cleaning product company. The company he worked for started diluting products once they got to a certain level of consumer uptake.

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
    Is there any stockists in the Newcastle region for it? Or is it an online only thing?
    I've only seen it at Car Care Products.....

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied
    Is there any stockists in the Newcastle region for it? Or is it an online only thing?

Leave a comment:

• Luke352
    replied

Hmm it seemed to go on thick here, but we were using pure rainwater with it. I only used the initial sample bottle. Someone said the Bilt Hamber stuff was good? Where can you get that dodo stuff from affordably? Otherwise I'll just toss some of my old meguiars soft wash gel in the foamer bottle.
    Yep, Bilt Hamber is excellent, far better than Bowden's.

https://youtu.be/WmVeTbarlH4
    That guys has heaps of excellent comparison videos, including several foam ones. The BH foam has always been his go to though a more recent video shows the wax planet 8 below probably pips it.

Leave a comment:

• willsy01
    replied
    https://www.carcareproducts.com.au/d...ncentrate.html

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied

Return it if you can. It's terrible. Thin, watery foam no matter how you mix it.......and that's with the Bowdens cannon. I use Dodo Juice Apple iFoam, far better.

YMMV I guess.
    Hmm it seemed to go on thick here, but we were using pure rainwater with it. I only used the initial sample bottle. Someone said the Bilt Hamber stuff was good? Where can you get that dodo stuff from affordably? Otherwise I'll just toss some of my old meguiars soft wash gel in the foamer bottle.

Leave a comment:

• 23Kev
    replied

Return it if you can. It's terrible. Thin, watery foam no matter how you mix it.......and that's with the Bowdens cannon. I use Dodo Juice Apple iFoam, far better.

YMMV I guess.
    I used it yesterday and it seemed fine. Thicker than the meguires stuff I used in the past. Didn't stick to the car as much as I've seen some stuff do but it was ok for me. Contributed to the car looking fantastic.

Leave a comment:

• andy_wk
    replied
    Haha
    Can't see anything about Bowdens stuff being on sale on their website, would like to get some more of that foam stuff for the snow cannon, but $100 a bottle is a bit spendy.
    Buy something else, it's one of Bowdens poorest performing products, along with their 'new' formula wheel cleaner. If you were local I'd drop off the remaining 2/3 full large bottle I'm unlikely to ever use.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X