Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C63 - what do they cost to own?

Have the opportunity to buy an 09 c63 with under 20k for late eighties.

Can use finance at 5% for it which makes that part cheap but just wanted to check that I'm not underestimating the ownership costs.

I've budgeted:
    2k for tyres
    2k for servicing
    2.5k for rego and insurance
    3k for fuel
    3k for when it fucks up
    10k depreciation

These are per annum figures.

Realistic? Will do about 10k per year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do $100 a week in fuel for about 350kms.

The fuck up fund would not cover much on one of these, so best not break it

The rest looks good. Specs and price sound similar to mine, just do it
    C63
    S1000R

Comment

How much would you be financing? Cant see the repayments in your calculations?
      I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Does it have LSD?

Id be budgetting for retrofit if not

Comment

rotors & pads?
          RB26......................Again

Comment

Power steering pump
            MK7 Golf R 11.3@123.9mph. still working at getting into the 10s
            F80 M3 LCI2 10.78@130mph ( Quickest stock turbo M3 in Oz )

Comment

a bumbag and adidas snap on trackies

Comment

Rotors and pads are cheap for the non PP cars in the US - would just buy them there - hopefully this would come in within the 2k/year servicing - given the k's i'd be doing it shouldn't need a rotor/pad change more than once every 3 years.

Assuming finance of the full amount (say 90k) - if paying cash there is still the opportunity cost of not putting that money into the mortgage @ 5% so $375 a month (interest only, principal is handled in the depreciation)

Comment

5k pa for fasts
                  E30 325is M20 3.1L

Comment

5k pa for slows.

$6k volvo runs 11.8's with ease.
                    13k V12 liberty ran 11.6's with ease and sounded better.

Suckers game that mercedes shit. Unless its a 500SLC with a giant fuckoff turbo.
                    Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                    If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

and a 4k Hayabusa will run a 9. Suckers game that engine conversion shit.

Comment

Man id be actually looking into the rotors and pads, and finding out labor @ the workshop you'll be using (if youre not doing it yourself) -- and the real life service interval for them

My dad had a '09 or '10 E350 with cross drilled brakes (sport pack or whatever), he drives sedately, and had to get rotors & pads done in <10thou km's and it was worth ~$1600 to get them done.. I'd presume AMG shit would be double that

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post
                          Man id be actually looking into the rotors and pads, and finding out labor @ the workshop you'll be using (if youre not doing it yourself) -- and the real life service interval for them

My dad had a '09 or '10 E350 with cross drilled brakes (sport pack or whatever), he drives sedately, and had to get rotors & pads done in <10thou km's and it was worth ~$1600 to get them done.. I'd presume AMG shit would be double that
                          got told by friend of a mate of a cousin etc that the dealership will replace the rotor with the pads or something. going to an independant they'll simply machine the rotors like anyone else and costs a fraction of what the dealership charges.
                          maybe someone can confirm
                          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Aren't brakes on these things something like $3k?

Comment

Originally posted by gat5rodeo View Post
                              and a 4k Hayabusa will run a 9. Suckers game that engine conversion shit.
                              Put 9sec hayabusa in boot of volvo, still chop a c63.
                              Originally posted by Bosshoggett
                              If your planing to drive this on the road and enjoy it, id suggest a second opinion, someone with a history in Australian Rally or Fink River . If your just playing dyno comps. Then ok

Comment

Working...
                              X