Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holden Gone by 2017 - Is the Australian Media Killing our Car Industry

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post
    The same goes with SPC. If you make something people don't want (eg tinned peaches), then why should the government support you? I don't necessarily blame the workers in that instance, its more that the managers fault.
    its not the managers fault either if what you make means you cant make anything else

    SPC make tinned fruit, which isnt popular any more, they can only make tinned shit, its not like as if they can diversify into something useful
    Originally posted by boxxx

    Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
    ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

    Comment


      Ford
      Holden
      Toyota
      SPC
      .....and with talk of Qantas going tits up


      Fuck, go back 30 years and predict the above and people would of called you fucking nuts.
      Interesting times

      Comment


        30yrs?

        try half that

        werent holden spitting out 300,000 commodes? thats a lot of hot shit
        Originally posted by boxxx

        Deutsche Bahn Rail: Trains are a great way to get lots of people concentrated into a small area, like a camp.
        ACA/TT: Where's the line between a car enthusiast and hoon? There is none

        Comment


          True, 1997 was the record year from memory.
          VT's rolled out the fucking doors

          Comment


            What is the average income? I found something on ABS and its saying 1400 a week??? Cant be.

            Anyway this housing stuff confuses the fuck out of me.

            My dad built his first house for about 12k land and house, he made about 2500 a year as a cabinet maker. If anyone knows where reynella is in south australia it isn't close to the city, and he was out there like 40 years ago. Now you can buy a house there that is totally livable for 240k on a 700 square metre block, house won't be new but they are fine, I can't really see how it is 10 times earnings, if you earn 50k u don't live in the city.

            Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
            3D scanning
            3D modelling
            Structural certification
            3 and 5 axis milling

            Comment


              Average income doesnt really mean much, as its massively skewed by the top earners.

              The Median wage is a more accurate figure, and is $57k a year, or $1100 a week. (basically median is the amount greater than the lowest 50% earners and lesser than the top 50% earners)

              But if you also include part time workers, then the average wage drops to $56k a year and median to $47k

              Comment


                $1100 a week in hand aint bad...... or is that pre tax?

                Comment


                  That'll be pre tax, everything in this area is quoted pre-tax.
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Forg View Post
                    That'll be pre tax, everything in this area is quoted pre-tax.
                    That's what, $900 a week?
                    Its not a huge wicket but its not bad, if you have a missus who earns the same $1800 a week lives a pretty good lifestyle even if your paying $450 a week on a house.

                    Cunts not happy with $900 a week sitting on a air ratchet or what?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by dnegative View Post
                      That's what, $900 a week?
                      Its not a huge wicket but its not bad, if you have a missus who earns the same $1800 a week lives a pretty good lifestyle even if your paying $450 a week on a house.

                      Cunts not happy with $900 a week sitting on a air ratchet or what?
                      A household where two people earn that much is earning greater than 75% of households

                      Comment


                        I never believe average income stats. Too many people are contractors or have their own businesses so basically pay themselves under the table to avoid tax. Hence why every tradey has a brand new top of the line 4wd ute.
                        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

                        "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                        (TM - AVENGE)

                        "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by TonyJZX View Post
                          its not the managers fault either if what you make means you cant make anything else

                          SPC make tinned fruit, which isnt popular any more, they can only make tinned shit, its not like as if they can diversify into something useful
                          But management should have seen this coming. Especially when you have people like Gonski on the board.

                          If Italians can sell tinned tomatoes to us as a premium product, why can't we do that in Asia?
                          "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

                          "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                          (TM - AVENGE)

                          "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                          Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

                            If Italians can sell tinned tomatoes to us as a premium product, why can't we do that in Asia?
                            We already do, go to any Asian nation and aussie beef sells for a massive premium. Hell Japan gets the best of our seafood as well, a lot of our best fruit heads overseas as we are too tight to pay for quality.

                            Hell on my flight to Vietnam most people had 5kg+ of cherries to take back home for relatives. Some had up to 20kg of cherries, definite market to tap into right there as the local produce is expensive and not up to scratch quality wise.
                            If in doubt power out

                            Comment


                              Importers of those shitty tinned Italian tomotoes got into shit for illegal 'dumping' of the product here just recently.

                              http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1226819798691

                              Dumping occurs when goods are exported to Australia below their "normal value," regarded as the domestic price of goods in their country of export. It's not allowed under international trade agreements and can lead to remedial action when it causes "material injury" to an Australian industry, according to the Anti-Dumping Commission.

                              The report estimates as much as 56 per cent of the Italian processed tomatoes in Australia have been dumped here at unusually low prices.

                              It also claims private label products like Coles Smart Buy and Woolworths Home Brand have driven the decline for local growers as they are given prime position inside retail stores.
                              And are people not buying SPC because they dont want to, or is it because Woolies/Coles dont want them to?

                              "The major supermarkets determine the shelf placement of all products within a range of goods. In doing so, retailers tend to provide the prime locations to the highest volume selling goods, often being their own private labels."

                              "Consequently SPCA's products have been moved to unfavourable locations on shelves within the prepared or preserved tomato range of goods which can exacerbate the lower sales performance," the report reads.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Rona View Post
                                We already do, go to any Asian nation and aussie beef sells for a massive premium. Hell Japan gets the best of our seafood as well, a lot of our best fruit heads overseas as we are too tight to pay for quality.

                                Hell on my flight to Vietnam most people had 5kg+ of cherries to take back home for relatives. Some had up to 20kg of cherries, definite market to tap into right there as the local produce is expensive and not up to scratch quality wise.
                                Understood. But my point is why SPC didn't try to tap into this market? After all, they had a board with one of the best connected directors in Australia. But its easier to blame the unions and ask for government money.

                                Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                                Importers of those shitty tinned Italian tomotoes got into shit for illegal 'dumping' of the product here just recently.

                                http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1226819798691

                                And are people not buying SPC because they dont want to, or is it because Woolies/Coles dont want them to?
                                Shelf space is an issue. Which is why Colesworth maximise its value. But why didn't SPC/Coke spend money on marketing to convince Mums to buy their products? After all, this is the same Coke who spend shitloads on advertising and clever ads. Surely they could have done the same thing for canned fruit?

                                People have in their minds that tinned is bad and fresh is good. Colesworth have been pushing that line because they get better margins. But supposedly there is not much difference when it comes to tinned tomatoes. So why not get some celebrity chef (or whomever) to advertise
                                1) australian made over italian tomatoes
                                2) the use of tinned vs fresh fruit.

                                After all, we used to have heaps of "Buy Australian" ads in the past. I wouldn't be opposed to Govco putting a few million into it and taking advantage of Australian national pride or the hipsters "buy local" attitude.

                                But its easier to ask for a handout.
                                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

                                "In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                                (TM - AVENGE)

                                "You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X