Holden Gone by 2017 - Is the Australian Media Killing our Car Industry

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wasnt directed at you specifically, just the media and public in general...

FWIW my Holden resume is HJ Kinga, VH SL/E, Apollo shitwagon. illustrious!

Originally posted by Jim
    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
    Originally posted by elfturbomax
    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
    1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Rather amusing all the facebook tards crying about the new commodore saying how terrible it is and they won't buy it................ errrr not buying is why Holden went under, well that plus the fact the gumbyment said go fuck yaselves ya getting no more coin !

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by <---cop View Post
        Like these?

The MG Metro 6R4 test in that month had an enormous impact on me. Read it about 20 times and thought it was just about the greatest thing in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
          Back in the day, when kids had Holden vs Ford debates, were you the outcast arguing for Nissan?
          Was only 10 in 89

But fast forward to 2000 and yea I was the kunt walking past vl and vn-s commowhore at the track* and hanging shit on commonwhore kunts in a gts 1

*a track with corners and places you have to use the brakes and shit, the commowhore were faster on the straight bits
          Check out my shit for sale on facebook:
          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Junk-...25870327473735

Comment

Originally posted by perthdrivers.txt View Post
            wasnt directed at you specifically, just the media and public in general...

FWIW my Holden resume is HJ Kinga, VH SL/E, Apollo shitwagon. illustrious!
            all good, you made a valid point.
            VT, VH & C43

Comment

I saw a mint & shmick VT SS LS1 today at the shops, manwell gearbag, fridge white, looked to be all original apart from an rumbly exhaust and lowered springs (or perhaps they have sagged LOL) but it seemed to be a car that this bloke pampered and cherished and only brought out on weekends. Even had the original VT SS wheels on it and the dealer numberplate frames.

Yeah /csh but I thought of this thread when I saw it...
              Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
              Originally posted by nutttr
              People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Back in the day, when kids had Holden vs Ford debates, were you the outcast arguing for Nissan?
                That was me, for Toyota.
                Dad got sick of rear-vision mirrors landing in his lap & shit breaking in Falcwoods, got a Cressida for the same dosh as a Kingswood ... and never looked back. They bought it for Mums car.
                And then on top of the reliability, Toyota started making ST16xs with 3SGEs and 3SGTEs, and AE82s with 4AGEs ... yeah those Brock Commodores sounded great, a perfect car for your grandad (Pa had a VK - awful car), but youd have more fun in the Celica and even make it home without a tow-truck.
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                  I saw a mint & shmick VT SS LS1 today at the shops, manwell gearbag, fridge white, looked to be all original apart from an rumbly exhaust and lowered springs (or perhaps they have sagged LOL) but it seemed to be a car that this bloke pampered and cherished and only brought out on weekends. Even had the original VT SS wheels on it and the dealer numberplate frames.

Yeah /csh but I thought of this thread when I saw it...
                  so, did you buy it or what cunt?
                  Rdyno rules

Comment

Originally posted by Nelso View Post
                    so, did you buy it or what cunt?
                    No cunt, I'm a Ford man.

Actually another /csh for you.

Back in 2004 my employer had a 5.0L VT Calais company car that they wanted to sell, and they asked me to sell it for them... so I took it to a couple of car yards and asked for them to give me some written offers to buy it wholesale, sent the offers to our CFO (I think one was $11k, the other $12k) and so I offered the company $12k to buy it, and I did, sent them the money and I was going to tidy it up and flog it off myself for a tidy profit. Before I got it transferred into my name, I was driving it around for work instead of using my own car, and some dumb bitch pulled out of a side street while I was lighting a smoke and I ran right into her at 60 clicks, absolutely fucked it. As it was still registered to the company, their insurance paid them out $23k for the total loss, the company gave me my $12k back and said thanks very much, great result, pat on the back.

Was the only Holden i've ever "owned".
                    People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                      Was the only Holden i've ever "owned".
                      I think the Holden "owned" you in this situation.

Have you got a link for the fridge white VT?
                      Rdyno rules

Comment

No man the SS wasn't for sale, it was just a guy driving his car to the shops.

Comment

Gay.
                          Rdyno rules

Comment

Got my VB commo out today to celebrate Australian Engineering.

Clutch dump and the Aussie 4 speed is no more lol #253pwr

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                            VF2 Redline Ute
                            E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Interestingly, I read today that quality in the last few months has never been higher - 98% of cars built in August were right first time, which was apparently best in the GM world and best ever for the plant. Feeling is that the workers are building the last cars like they were their own.

Probably helps when you're building so few cars that you can take your time to get it right.

Mine was one of the ones built in August and I have to agree - I haven't found anything wrong, and I'm a fussy prick about build quality.
                              Yep, this is my girl, the lease on my old car came up in December so ordered her in January but they couldn't deliver it until May, all I can say is what a car! tight as a drum, rides well, great driving position and comfy with all the gadgets you could want, they really did get this car perfect at the 11th hour. It's sad to think this is the end of the line, it was very unique for a country like ours, I was proud when someone from America or Europe didn't know anything about our utes or what size motors they came out with, now it's just a distant memory....

Originally posted by fatz View Post
                              And even then the Nissan whooped the commodore

Lol
                              I've loved firing up arguments like this on fb the last few days with simple statistics :D :D :D

R32 GTR Aust delivered new in 1991: $110,000
                              Todays price: Between $65,000 - $75,000
                              Lose: $35,000 - $45,000

VL Walkinshaw new in 1988: $45,000
                              Todays price: $101,000
                              Profit: $56,000

HSV VF GTSR W1 price: $170,000
                              2017 Nissan GTR price: $189,000 - $227,000

Which one will be worth more in 10 years time?
                              Originally posted by Mr Purple
                              Wow. This guy was laughed off boost cruising and he shows up here, It's like getting beaten up by a two year old and then taking on an 800 pound gorilla.

Comment

in 10 years time there will be less R32's left than walkies..
                                This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                                X