• Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-_...t_or_right.svg

China LHD

India - RHD - withdrawn
    UK - RHD - withdrawn (sold)

Japan - RHD - but will take lhd but who in Ginza wants a gm POS

Leaves AUS, NZ and SA. Just don't see how rhd volume is there across multiple product lines. If you had the Uk into the mix maybe, but they sold that.

Last edited by Lord_fahrquhar; 10-10-19, 04:23 AM.

Comment

There’s a few SE Asian countries that are RHD but they also have local industry serving them, and barely a GM presence beyond Thai built utes and Korean crap.
      ---
      Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by 138ci View Post
        I was of the (probably incorrect) belief that China is RHD?
        Ooh, I'm pretty sure it isn't; if it is they must allow LHD cars with no penalty (like Japan).

*Google* *Google*
        Yeah they're LHD. They obviously disliked the Poms at the time that decision was made, too.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Thailand and Malaysia are the only RHD countries I can remember seeing GM in and thats not many. Having a quick look GM in Thailand is cutting staff and have 1.5% market share, https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Aut...ce-competition, In malaysia the distributer has dropped them and it appears they have left the market, https://paultan.org/2019/06/21/malay...2019-by-brand/ , I thought I'd seen them in south africa but it appears that they've left there as well https://www.chevrolet.co.za/faq.html

Comment

...all of which says to me there's very little to be gained by GM in engineering RHD variants in pitiful volumes like they're selling now, other than the Colorado.

I think the best plan for GM in Australia is to sell the brand to Inchcape as rumoured earlier in the year. Inchcape has access to PSA and therefore Opel. Rebadge Opel cars and SUVs as Holdens to sell here, and do a deal with GM to continue getting Colorados and anything else that might be of interest from Thailand. I think I read somewhere that PSA was looking at building a ute itself so even that might not be necessary.

Comment

Not knowing anything much about the logistics of manufacturing, wouldn't the engineering of a RHD variant be no more work these days than adding an extra trim-level?

Complying to ADR's is probably more effort than designing & tooling-up for RHD.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
                ...all of which says to me there's very little to be gained by GM in engineering RHD variants in pitiful volumes like they're selling now, other than the Colorado.

I think the best plan for GM in Australia is to sell the brand to Inchcape as rumoured earlier in the year. Inchcape has access to PSA and therefore Opel. Rebadge Opel cars and SUVs as Holdens to sell here, and do a deal with GM to continue getting Colorados and anything else that might be of interest from Thailand. I think I read somewhere that PSA was looking at building a ute itself so even that might not be necessary.
                Might as well do a deal with Isuzu for "Colorados"
                "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Might as well do a deal with Isuzu for "Colorados"
                  that relationship has gone very sour, next generation isuzu is totally no GM involvement.
                  i cant remember what my GM contact said, it was either a isuzu/mazda or nissan tie up.

Comment

Yeah, Isuzu is doing the next Mazda BT-50.

But even if the GM-Isuzu relationship is no more, that wouldn't stop Inchcape as the owner of the Holden brand doing a deal with Isuzu (or anyone else) for utes if they can't get a deal out of GM.

Comment

2020 Commodore?

https://www.caradvice.com.au/801824/...-leaked-buick/

Comment

Just wow, and not in a good way.
                        "It takes beer to make thirst worth while."

Comment

Holden wants to sell zero cars ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

a car inspired by the car of the year....camira

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                              That's Toyota Camry level of boring.

Comment

To all intents & purposes (and probably also to all intensive purposes) it's just the same as a MY2018 & MY2019 isn't it?
                                I mean that's the base model with the smallest wheels & also in the dullest colour that's not white or silver, but apart from that is anything changed except the grille insert &/or a few air-intake cut-outs that nobody except an anorak would ever pick?

Comment

Working...
                                X