Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holden Gone by 2017 - Is the Australian Media Killing our Car Industry

Saw this a few hours ago on News 24.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-12-0...016-17/5138942

Can I make the suggestion that the Australian Media start being partially responsible for it's actions? I'm sure the reason for the Gymbyments draconian laws (hoon, the badly written WA proceeds from crime acts) are primarily the result of too many a pensioner watching Today Affair and am starting to think that the automotive industry is also punching bag.

It's hard enough that they are struggling for a sale but to stick the boot in without any real justification seems low. People talk, sales stop. Two kids (19 and 24) at work didn't even look at a Focus because they heard that Ford was closing up shop.

Discuss.

Bring back the thunderstruck ad

/thread

Comment

http://morethancars.com.au/
      BA GT
      13s for $1300 TE Cortina wagon! Thermighty!!

Comment

QANTAS is another one of their favourite punching bags. Media is pretty much against anything Australian these days.
        as short as possible

Comment

Fucking straya!
          Originally posted by brasher
          TJ is 99% African American.

Comment

Chevrolet
            GIANTS TALK LIKE THIS.

Comment

Our media no longer thinks it is a reporter of news, it now thinks it makes the news. Hence this sort of thing, and why every interview seems to be trying to get the person to admit to something or say something dumb so they get the "gotcha" moment.

Comment

Isn't Mike no longer the boss of Holden? Didn't he get promoted to the States?

Comment

I think he goes at the end of the year, and to China IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco_VESS View Post
                    Our media no longer thinks it is a reporter of news, it now thinks it makes the news. Hence this sort of thing, and why every interview seems to be trying to get the person to admit to something or say something dumb so they get the "gotcha" moment.
                    Yep, but the bulk of the public follow whatever the media leads them to eg that yank actor who crashed and burnt in his car, still going on.
                    Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

“Freedom of speech does not protect you from the consequences of saying stupid shit.”
                    ― Jim C. Hines

“Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts.”
                    ― Daniel Patrick Moynihan

“Four hostile newspapers are more to be feared than a thousand bayonets..”
                    ― Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

Originally posted by Marco_VESS View Post
                      Our media no longer thinks it is a reporter of news, it now thinks it makes the news.
                      witness another media blowup about AFL football and essendon football club, conveniently exposed a couple of weeks after the walkley awards saw winners from the relentless kicking they gave the club this year and allowing nominations for next year if they can find enough of the horses corpse to beat with sticks.

Comment

It's rare to read a piece of quality Australian journalism anymore. It's all sensationlism and short bursts to keep the tweeters happy.

Having said that, Australian business managers have made some absolute balls ups. ie Ford Marketing in Australia is terrible.
                        Originally posted by Stix Z
                        i'm upset i lost that video of that aboriginal woman taking a dump on a train that was on youtube
                        Originally posted by Jim
                        Sorry, am late to this thread. I have been protesting against whitey oppressors all morning with my people. I shall serenade this thread with my didge until nash comes in and puts it all into perspective.

Comment

Ford marketing in Australian is likely intentional in how it has gone about things
                          I don't care a damn for your loyalty when you think I am right; when I really want it most is when you think I am wrong.
                          Sir John Monash

Comment

But wasn't this leaked by government officials to the media?

But yeah, it really makes you wonder wtf is going to happen to Australia.
                            Originally posted by XXX19X
                            Shitbreak is the epitome of perfection.

Comment

PM is saying no more money and Holden needs to make a decision: http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politi...205-2yu8i.html

Comment

Working...
                              X