Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    Yeah, we're definitely interested in the new Levorg when it arrives here.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Reax View Post
    It's called a Levorg
    CVT-only.
    The reality when sitting in one feels like a bigger roominess-difference than the differences in dimensions seem to say.

Originally posted by Sathanas View Post
    I reckon they look pretty good those Levorgs. The glaring issue with them is the insipid CVT that Subaru seem to love
    Yes, they should at least put a DSG badge on it, so everyone worried about not being seen to have succumbed to auto-laziness will feel better about buying one!
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 14-09-20, 08:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sathanas
    replied
    I reckon they look pretty good those Levorgs. The glaring issue with them is the insipid CVT that Subaru seem to love

Leave a comment:

• Reax
    replied
    Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post
    There hasn't been an actual Liberty wagon for about five years now, just the Outback. If there was one, it would probably be top of the list for my nopics' next car (as she wants a small-medium wagon, and therefore it's not a very long list).
    It's called a Levorg

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-14 at 6.15.41 pm.png
Views:	111
Size:	539.6 KB
ID:	7177103

Leave a comment:

replied
    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    ^ Did anyone actually know they still sold them?

Is the Outback gone as well?

Subaru are one of those companies that appear not to have any sense of direction in Australia.In the US they struggle to keep up supply of the AWD things. They are vehicle of choice in South Island of NZ. WRX is a old fashion 1990's car is desperate need of an update.

Meh, I blame the Toyota part ownership.
    Agree, they have lost their way - a decade or so ago they were doing good things - loyal customer base, decent product. A world moving to SUV wagons should have suited them nicely but they have fluffed their lines. And their styling has gotten progressively worse since the mid late 90s.

Leave a comment:

• Captain_Slow
    replied
    There hasn't been an actual Liberty wagon for about five years now, just the Outback. If there was one, it would probably be top of the list for my nopics' next car (as she wants a small-medium wagon, and therefore it's not a very long list).

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by andy_wk View Post
    Even amongst us 'car guys' here, would anyone actually want one of the new ones?
    Not given they've been limited to sedan-only & auto-only, but in manual wagon form (which died aeons ago) they're better than resorting to an SUV. Not many options available for a real wagon.

Leave a comment:

• Rona
    replied
    Subaru's biggest problem is the fact they have chosen to persist with CVT boxes. Compared to similar size cars almost all their range chew fuel as well.

Leave a comment:

• andy_wk
    replied
    Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
    In relation to one of the nails in Holden’s coffin, I just read that Subaru have canned the Liberty. Not enough people buying sedans or real wagons any more.
    Even amongst us 'car guys' here, would anyone actually want one of the new ones?

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    Hmm, interestingly the Legacy isn't 100% dead; they're still made & sold in North America. So prolly LHD only (and no wagon). Same platform as the Outback, which does continue apparently.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    Originally posted by mizone View Post
    This is a strange thing to say when Toyota has been the #1 seller for years?

Leave a comment:

• mizone
    replied
    ^ Did anyone actually know they still sold them?

Is the Outback gone as well?

Subaru are one of those companies that appear not to have any sense of direction in Australia.In the US they struggle to keep up supply of the AWD things. They are vehicle of choice in South Island of NZ. WRX is a old fashion 1990's car is desperate need of an update.

Leave a comment:

• Captiva Fan
    replied
    In relation to one of the nails in Holden’s coffin, I just read that Subaru have canned the Liberty. Not enough people buying sedans or real wagons any more.

Leave a comment:

• Sumodog
    replied
    Maybe they will sell their BMW clones here ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JI7o_vKqcE

Leave a comment:

• bigshipengine.jpg
    replied
    Originally posted by Rona View Post
    The bloke behind the company is truly amazing. Setup a instant noodle company after finishing his studies in Ukraine as an international student as he was missing food from back home. That business flourished and was ultimately sold to Nestle in 2009 for around US$150 Million. He returned to Vientam after time abroad in Ukraine with a desire to modernise hotels and high end real estate in Saigon & Hanoi to be more like Hong Kong & Singapore. His hotel empire under the Vinpearl brand would stand up to any of the big international chains. We stayed at Landmark 81 during out last trip to Saigon and it was truly spectacular. He poached a Concierge from the Burj Khalifa to ensure a first class customer experience. On our check in we were greeted even on a 1 night stay with what time would you like to check out tomorrow how does 6pm sound? Breakfast shat on the Intercontinental and Pullman which we have also stayed at over there.

Vinfast was setup off the back of his successful hotel and real estate empire with a view to build a car that world class as well as electric scooters to reduce emissions. He offers interest free finance to all his staff to buy scooters and from what I saw they were damn good quality. I saw quite a few Vinfast cars on the road in our trip and I've got to say they looked damn well built. When you compare it to the locally/thai/indonesian built Toyota Innova Vans they leave them for dead.
    Interesting I knew none of that. Will be good to see where it progresses then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X