Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In Victoria? On club plates? Inquire within m'lad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a matter of wanting a rwc, it's a Vicroads requirement for any car going on the CPS. Now you need photo's for RWC's it's not easy to get a dodgy one.

I run a club, I started it cause I got sick of the politics and people that run other clubs. It also means I only need to be in one club for all my historic cars and bikes.
    Last edited by turbo510; 29-06-21, 04:31 PM.
    Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

The more cars that become eligible, the more money lost by prickroads and the more likely they are to "fix" things by fucking over everyone.

I see full reg as a cost well worth it by not having to be in a car club and not being part of a small database with a high proportion of shenanigans attached to it.

Comment

Each to their own -With / cars mbikes on club permit for 45 days each . $75. A year total versus $800 full reg ticks my boxes for Something i use on weekends
        So gets my vote.
        Turn up at a club meeting every few months - seems a small price to pay
        Last edited by 9triton; 29-06-21, 07:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by turbo510 View Post
          It's not a matter of wanting a rwc, it's a Vicroads requirement for any car going on the CPS. Now you need photo's for RWC's it's not easy to get a dodgy one.

I
          pre 1948 vehicles don't need a rwc if the club scrutineers checks and signs it off.

Although clubs can make you get a rwc. If they don't want that responsibility

Comment

True, we don't have anything pre 48 in my club though. Not really the sort of vehicle our membership demographic goes for.

Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
              from vic roads info blurb/: 72 'clubs' with one vehicle on permit scheme.

Those changes don't make much sense for dealing with the alleged problems, with a lot of people caught in the crossfire.

Comment

Just like the other proposal they have is to put all age cars on wovr. Even if older than the current 15 year limit.

So if you have a 1954 Ford customline in a bingle it will get written off as where you gonna get guards, body panels etc to repair it , so now will never to be registered again.
                Currently you can repair it and put back on the road.

They are doing this to stop rebirthing -and even admit that it is only a few old cars that this happens to.

Case if fucking it up for the many because of a few

So dont crash your classic car as no way will it be repaired and now to be sadly destined to be used for parts. Never to be registered again

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post
                  Just like the other proposal they have is to put all age cars on wovr. Even if older than the current 15 year limit.

So if you have a 1954 Ford customline in a bingle it will get written off as where you gonna get guards, body panels etc to repair it , so now will never to be registered again.
                  Currently you can repair it and put back on the road.

They are doing this to stop rebirthing -and even admit that it is only a few old cars that this happens to.

Case if fucking it up for the many because of a few

So dont crash your classic car as no way will it be repaired and now to be sadly destined to be used for parts. Never to be registered again
                  that's not how the WOVR works is it?a quick look at the prickroads website suggests you can repair and register a WOV in some cases.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post

that's not how the WOVR works is it?a quick look at the prickroads website suggests you can repair and register a WOV in some cases.
                    There is a definition on vic roads but stat write offs vary by level of damage ..

Just guess what a ckasdic owner would consider repairable a wovr wouldn't.
                    Eg inc water up to /above level of inner sills.
                    Stripped car to a certain level.

If a gtho had been stolen/ stripped and shell remained and was on wovr = never to be reg agian

...ir maybe im drinking too much outrage coolaid...

Comment

I guess its a good thing but no change to club permit 25 year eligibility down here in vic .

Doent effect my car's - newest is 55 years old . But just went and got a unreg 26 year old motorbike on permit in case they changed it..

About 2/3 down ..and you can renew here in lock down . Done 1 x online and one at thofficeClick image for larger version  Name:	FB_IMG_16312554355564398.jpg Views:	0 Size:	661.5 KB ID:	7293043
                      Last edited by 9triton; 10-09-21, 04:48 PM.

Comment

i guess thats good news. my bmw is 26 years old and i was under the pump to finish some work on it.
                        GU Patrol L98, Manualised Auto, 35s, Kings etc
                        VF2 Redline Ute
                        E36 Track Nugget Project

'98 Honda XR600R / '00 Kawasaki ZX-12R / '08 Honda CRF450R Supermoto / '09 KTM RC8R / '10 KTM RC8R (Broken Frame)

Comment

Ha - now can take another 4 years ...

Comment

Nice. Now to wait for the Hilux to get to 25yo.
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

That's good to see. The 30 year scare was enough to make me pull my finger out and get my R33 done last month. Happy to be saving $ on something I hardly drive.

Sent from my Nokia 8.3 5G using Tapatalk

Comment

No need to do dodgy rego on lhd anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X