Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great stuff. I really enjoyed watching the vids. Keen for the end result & more vids!

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
      They are in the US dude, you want me to wait 5 days before I finish making pipes?
      more like 10-14 days,

unless i'm a deaf cunt it sounded like you said you had trouble sourcing 2" vband assemblies. I now realise what you meant was, this was what we had it the parts bin. :p

Comment

Originally posted by JZK25 View Post
        They are in the US dude, you want me to wait 5 days before I finish making pipes?

Flinchy, it doesn't say in the vid but the best way to get the bond to break between splines is to loosen the nut off a turn and drive it around for a week. Not a good idea if it a gay VW that has a long bolt going through shaft.
        Heating the hub with a torch to open up the gap between the splines doesn't help? obviously not good for the bearings but if you're replacing them anyway not such a big deal. Though I imagine it could hurt any heat treatment on splines if you let too much heat get in it.

Watched Ep 1 and 2 last night, looking forward to the rest of it. Trying to make an 11 second RS liberty sounded like the worst idea I'd heard for a while but EZ turbo is good.

Comment

8:09 Uncle would be proud!

Comment

So you seriously can't solder wiring in hot areas?

Comment

Do scobydoo motors usually sit so far forwards in the engine bay? Heaps of room for doing up gearbox bolts.
              B&N Performance Engineering - 4Bangers & Mash Racing
              1978 LB Lancer IPRA Car - In the making LB Lancer 4G63 IPRA Build - Now up and driving

Comment

Originally posted by MartyRX2 View Post
                So you seriously can't solder wiring in hot areas?
                Its the combination of heat and vibration.
                Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

its so much better with out moog going on about unicorn farts and hondas or saying "Martin" every 5 words.

Comment

Originally posted by RESON8 View Post
                    Do scobydoo motors usually sit so far forwards in the engine bay? Heaps of room for doing up gearbox bolts.
                    Yep,
                    Have a look at this gearbox

Front diff and driveshafts are behind the engine, so the whole lot sits in front of the front wheels
                    Dirty Subaru owner

Comment

Holy headsweat batman
                      Originally posted by Turbo Yoda
                      I <3 Hamster

Comment

Enjoying this so far. Good different swap too!

Comment

Originally posted by Gussy View Post
                          I started getting into MCM a few months back. Anyone know them personally? They seem like good cunts.
                          Martin was a student at a school I worked at. Am still mates with one of his mates. Good bunch of kids.

Surprised after all this time he is still so mechanically inept

Comment

I've met Marty once or twice, so I consider us best mates.
                            Pest Control - Brisbane, Gold Coast, Ipswich and South West QLD PF discounts apply.

Comment

Does Marty still reside in the Shire ?

Comment

How did you get involved with them al?
                                Originally posted by Jack Nicholson
                                Just when you think you've seen all the retardation humanity has to offer.....

Comment

Working...
                                X