Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Likes Dirt View Post
    Glad Al give the tip to check out Gale Banks' channel - been enjoying his style, refreshing. Now to go get the family Prado to spin 600hp on stock internals....
    Gale Banks is awesome. Did some great podcasts on the Smoking Tire.
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
    (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
    Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

New ep day (for TSF if you're a Patreon and MCM).

Funny with the talk about 86/BRZ's being slow etc (never driven one but by all accounts, they are) as they make the same 147kw a stock S14a 200SX made back in 1998 and they even weigh the same (the 86/BRZ is 2kg lighter). I have no point to make, but interesting how much expectations have changed over the years.
      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Surely with the turbo the s14 has more area under the curve even if peak is the same.

Comment

They make the same power as "the greatest fwd car of all time" dc2 integra type R.
          people loved those light weight good handling things.
          Surely the 86 brz is better.

Anyway, this cracked me up.

​​​​​​Marty being given the drivers seat of the slow boring car they've been hating on.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200511-120944~2.png
Views:	470
Size:	597.0 KB
ID:	7142358

Marty dropping the clutch
          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200511-121044~2.png
Views:	463
Size:	649.1 KB
ID:	7142359

Comment

Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
            Surely with the turbo the s14 has more area under the curve even if peak is the same.
            True.

s14a - 147kw @ 6400rpm, 265nm @ 4800rpm
            86 - 147kw @ 7000rpm, 205nm @ 6600rpm
            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Moog's face of fear as marty unleashed made me LOL

When i drove an 86 i had almost same thoughts as them - reminded me so much of my rx7 and assorted friends late 80-mid 90s imposts once you sat in it, once you drove it it was alittle dissapointing but can see why it appeals.
              Last edited by Flem-Ball; 11-05-20, 02:21 PM.

Comment

86 you feel like you are flogging the guts out of it all the time just to keep up with Camrys in traffic.
                Did not regret getting rid of mine at all.
                POWER CHIP free since 2003.

Comment

The V6 Tarago of the time was faster than the 86 on the quarter mile.

Comment

86 is a great car for thrashing the fuck out of but in normal driving it’s the most disappointing 147kw ever

Originally posted by Jim
                    I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                    Originally posted by elfturbomax
                    What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                    1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Gale Banks is awesome. Did some great podcasts on the Smoking Tire.
                      his review of the recent hoonigan duramax dyno video confirmed a few assumptions i had!
                      RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by fly510 View Post

his review of the recent hoonigan duramax dyno video confirmed a few assumptions i had!
                        Just watched it. The Smoking Tire podcasts are better. Gale goes into the theory of diesel in a great really simple to understand manner.
                        "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
                        (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
                        Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Marty my nopics is filthy at You and Moog after that episode. I wish I had filmed her reaction to the entire video

Comment

I just want to see a 2gr in an 86.

*engine must have come from a 300k+ old uber with patchy service history
                            *car must go to track days and upset dweebs that talk about perfect weight balance and perfect power, millions in development blah blah.

Comment

BRS LS1...

Comment

Pretty hard to watch a guy who likes Golfs hang shit on a lightweight fun inexpensive RWD car...but to Moog's credit, he did get the point of the car in the end - ie, it's fun. (Disclosure: I'm an 86 owner and fan but I'm fully aware of the car's faults).

Subaru's engineers were probably right way back in development when they told Toyota it should have a 2.5 litre engine. That bit of extra torque would make it a better car. Which seems to be exactly what they're doing for the next one.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

Comment

Working...
                                X