Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this 3 series is going to be awesome with 250kw at the wheels. I'd love something like that where you can potter around town, then scare some people off the lights

Comment

As per many of the comments, would have been a lot better if this was stated as a sponsored video from the start. Noone has any issue with MCM getting paid, especially since im sure this pays a lot more than youtubes fuckall share, but revealing the sponsorship and doing a whole bunch of stuff that seems rushed (may not have been, but that is the way it came across) on the 3rd ep leaves a bad taste.

As always, it's their show and they can do whatever they want since they are showing it free, but this probably wont really go over too well with most of their audience.
      this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

I don’t give a fuck how it happens, 3 eps in quick succession and an interesting build. It’s not the same for every build/episode like American Chopper so who gives a fuck. It takes time and money to build decent projects year in year out, so if this is how they do it, excellent.

Comment

Meh, I’ve mastered skipping stuff that doesn’t interest me. 250 NA RWKW in a, say, 1150kg car will scoot
          I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

It's free viewing of Mad car builds by entertaining and real car guys. I couldn't care less if there's sponsorship, when there's sponsorship (episode 1 or 6 etc). I just watch and enjoy. The only MCM I skipped was the bike stuff. The fan entitlement is off the charts with this build.

I did expect a lot of people to be upset about the V8 though, V8s and especially LS, are not considered a good thing by many of the MCM fan base. I love the E30 build myself. I always wanted to do an e34 with LS power but I'm not really the kind of person that could pull that off.

However, I'm pretty sure Marty said that he already had the car, planned to build it either way and just added some changes when approached by the sponsor. Fair enough, too.
            Last edited by HSV Senator; 13-11-20, 07:08 PM.

Comment

People have short memories. The LS1 HQ racecar wasn’t revealed as being a sponsored car for a Supercheap ad for a few episodes. Who cares? Bunch of precious cunts out there. I don’t get offended or feel like I got duped. It’s entertainment. For free!
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

People read the comments?
                LS Powered FD3S RX7

Comment

I read them a bit just to get an idea on how I’m travelling in life. It’s a nice little leg up for the self esteem- “at least I’m not as dumb as these cunts”.
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  It's fucking storytime with Rdyno cunt shut the fuck up and fuck off.

Comment

What was the engineering process like? A video to go thru what it takes to get an engine swapped car onto the road in terms of working with an engineer, any tests that need to be performed, dealing with RMS etc would be awesome. May not be up for the regular MCM demographic, I reckon PF minded people would enjoy it.

Comment

It’s cause they didn’t sponsor the series.

I bought the car months ago and was gonna k swap it. Couldn’t get appropriate bits and don’t have the skill to make a kit myself so went LS3.

Didn’t realise people were so anti activision, we promoted the original call of duty 9 years ago with zero issues. We do the bigger sponsored ones occasionally cause means there’s more than ad money budget to throw at the things and do some epic and expensive stuff.

Unfortunate that people feel tricked, it just happened that this is the point where the sponsored stuff started. And then it ends after next episode then car keeps going.

lesson learned, more cheap shitboxes and stay away from aspirational stuff that costs money *shrug*

Comment

Jesus, just read the comments ha! Does activision kidnap and strangle babies or something? “This is unacceptable”, fuck me.

I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

Originally posted by StupidFlanders View Post
                          I read them a bit just to get an idea on how I’m travelling in life. It’s a nice little leg up for the self esteem- “at least I’m not as dumb as these cunts”.
                          This
                          i enjoyed the episodes for what they were, and I defy the naysayers to drive it and not have a shit eating grin
                          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by Marty! View Post

I bought the car months ago and was gonna k swap it. Couldn’t get appropriate bits and don’t have the skill to make a kit myself so went LS3.

Didn’t realise people were so anti activision, we promoted the original call of duty 9 years ago with zero issues. We do the bigger sponsored ones occasionally cause means there’s more than ad money budget to throw at the things and do some epic and expensive stuff.

Unfortunate that people feel tricked, it just happened that this is the point where the sponsored stuff started. And then it ends after next episode then car keeps going.

lesson learned, more cheap shitboxes and stay away from aspirational stuff that costs money *shrug*
                            I wouldn't stress too much Marty, keyboard warriors gunna keyboard warrior..

1998 MX5 - Ohlins DFV coilovers, Roll bar,15 x7.5 Konig Litespeeds, Mania Intake
                            2014 Colorado LT - Oversized Whitegoods. Kid/bike/track hack/horse hauler.

Comment

F the haters, hot rodding is hot roddiing.

$100 says if you had of gone down the path of a conversion that would cost the average Joe mega bucks, they would be slinging just as much shit

Comment

The real lesson as I see it, is not to listen to self entitled little nobodies on the internet and keep doing what you are doing because it's awesome and your show is one of the best things on the internet.

Comment

Working...
                                X