Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

true. im pretty sure i wasn't that much of a fuckwit when i was younger... the internet does strange things to people. really makes me think about how to raise my 2 kids in the era of facebook/insta/tiktok etc

/derail
    Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
    "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
      The angst on FB is another level though, not just activision but whinging about choice of engine, choice of throttle pedal, and even choice of keyboard. 🤷🏻‍♂️
      I went looking through the comments for the pedal hate but ended up having a seizure before I found it. What was the concern with using the same pedal everyone uses with an LS swap?

Comment

Originally posted by lukevl View Post

I went looking through the comments for the pedal hate but ended up having a seizure before I found it. What was the concern with using the same pedal everyone uses with an LS swap?
        Because it’s not floor mounted...
        Chris
        ------
        The new nugget
        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

People commenting like the e30 floor mounted pedal is the single biggest driving experience rush when it’s actually just a piece of 80’s plastic tek screwed to the floor pan
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

People commenting like the e30 floor mounted pedal is the single biggest driving experience rush when it’s actually just a piece of 80’s plastic tek screwed to the floor pan
            Perhaps if they were talking about this....
            Click image for larger version

Name:	21167227_1633586850048141_1135133213521926137_o.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	596.0 KB
ID:	7198197

But they certainly arent.
            Chris
            ------
            The new nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

The way it was shot was great, esp the tunnel part.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

What an oversight. Clearly the highest priority for driving engagement

Comment

For sure, despite the discourse of the part build Segway to sponsored content I watched the final ep twice. The videography and effort put into the sound track was worth more than a watch on the laptop. Was epic on big TV with proper sound!

Now let’s see what they do to the E30 with only their creative juices to satisfy. I hope they can get rego, otherwise a full send track special would be alright I guess.

Comment

I'm far removed from COD and those type of games for well over a decade now and I still found that pretty cool. Very different, functional, shit that'd get you in trouble but fit the theme regardless. As a unique project, impressive.

Did lol @ mint/rust-free import from Japan though. Don't they always tend to more fucked than cars living through shit here?

Comment

Moment of silence for the RC car please

Comment

Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
                        What was the engineering process like? A video to go thru what it takes to get an engine swapped car onto the road in terms of working with an engineer, any tests that need to be performed, dealing with RMS etc would be awesome. May not be up for the regular MCM demographic, I reckon PF minded people would enjoy it.

I asked the same thing earlier too. I wonder how many of the cars they build go through the whole engineering process and are legal.

Comment

I've always been curious why some people get hung up or even care about engineering prospects when rating others project... Unless of course you are the mate that has to do the dodgy rego inspections.

How do these conversations play out typically?
                          "look mate I really want to like your turbo hemi swapped e30 and its great and all, but I'm just not sure it complies with ADR's and is engineerable so its a going to be no from me purely on that?"

Comment

Originally posted by RMX View Post
                            Just watched the ep.

Seems odd they got this deep without mentioning who the sponsor was until now, was this learned by previous sponsor build series' not delivering the same reach as a "I bought the cheapest one on the internet" regular builds?

I get the build needs to somehow tie in, but I'm a bit lost who COD's target audience is here.
                            'cheat codes' to unlock features to appeal to 12 year olds usually on Fortnite or 80s retro graphics to appeal to blokes in their 40s who remember the cold war and old graphics?
                            ​​​​​​There seems to be minimal crossover between the two.
                            ​​​​​

The continuity of seeing the paint correction happen, then it on the dyno with fucked paint triggered me harder than it should.

I hope this build lasts longer than the COD sponsorship and the gimmick sponsored gadgets slowly disappear over time and it evolves into what it really should be.

You are reading too deep into it.

MCM have 3 million subscribers, majority are likely 16-50yo, good spread, and very very large audience reach. If you had a YT channel and activision offered you $100k (sake of the argument) to promo their game, and gave you a budget of $20k to build a car, would you really be stopping and saying hold on, this game and cheat codes may not appeal to xyz 40yo gaming retard living at home with mum? or do you take the money, create the content, and continue to grow your audience off the back of an activision fan base that some portion likely crossover to cars, therefore growing your audience (and yt revenue) at the same time, lining yourself up for more sponsorship deals as well...

Pain is temporary, quitting is forever - Lance Armstrong (drug cheat)

Comment

Originally posted by rolin7 View Post

You are reading too deep into it.

MCM have 3 million subscribers, majority are likely 16-50yo, good spread, and very very large audience reach. If you had a YT channel and activision offered you $100k (sake of the argument) to promo their game, and gave you a budget of $20k to build a car, would you really be stopping and saying hold on, this game and cheat codes may not appeal to xyz 40yo gaming retard living at home with mum? or do you take the money, create the content, and continue to grow your audience off the back of an activision fan base that some portion likely crossover to cars, therefore growing your audience (and yt revenue) at the same time, lining yourself up for more sponsorship deals as well...
                              Especially if, as Marty has indicated, they were already planning the build anyway and the crossover was more of a timeframe impact than anything.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                                I've always been curious why some people get hung up or even care about engineering prospects when rating others project... Unless of course you are the mate that has to do the dodgy rego inspections.

How do these conversations play out typically?
                                "look mate I really want to like your turbo hemi swapped e30 and its great and all, but I'm just not sure it complies with ADR's and is engineerable so its a going to be no from me purely on that?"
                                Hope you're not implying I've had to ask a habib in Bankstown to do a dodgy blue slip but there are plenty of those fuckers around.

I want to see the process and how it is now for mods. I had to go through the engineering process and the cluster fuck it was to get my car legal. Would be good to see it universally done.

Comment

Working...
                                X