Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, I was thinking of the Volvo with the snail & the MoTeC ... and I guess exhaust, nothing much else on it would be defectable if not gingerbeer'd.
    Every insurance policy I've ever looked at is very specifically for road-registered & road-legal cars.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post

I'm talking about a HQ with a blower hanging out the bonnet that gets driven 4 times a year and insurance is just there for theft, not a fender bender in the Westfield carpark.

I take my blown HQ to Westfield all the time. That's where the real bitches are at.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
        Actually, I was thinking of the Volvo with the snail & the MoTeC ... and I guess exhaust, nothing much else on it would be defectable if not gingerbeer'd.
        Every insurance policy I've ever looked at is very specifically for road-registered & road-legal cars.
        I had to do a search to figure out what car you were talking about.

I have nothing further to add

Comment

fuck using the UK rules as an example of 'how good it could be'. you can register anything from a powered sofa to a rusted through deathtrap. they changed the rules a little a few years ago, its a bit more stringent, but the UK has a history of allowing basically anything on the road so no massive change in the general feel of what's doable. fuck sharing the road with half the stuff that they consider 'registerable'

on the other end of the spectrum is german TUV - don't do that either. it literally kills any concept of DIY modification. nil. zero. nada allowed on the roads without a mountain of very formal paperwork - think destructive testing of pretty much anything you made (including intercooler piping for eg) or full on emissions testing for a catback exhaust. What about adding a cute front lip? Oh, aside from destructive testing, please rent a racetrack, and have an engineer certify aerodynamic stability at vmax. Oh, and pretty much every single aftermarket wheel isn't road legal (as they understandably can't be fucked paying for engineering for every single offset and size combination of every single model they make, and then that for every single foreseeable application / build / model year etc etc).
          Last edited by doctor ed; 17-11-20, 04:46 AM.
          Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
          "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Surely Al would be better placed than MCM to do an episode on the compliance process associated with an engine conversion.

Comment

Didn’t mcm do all that with 240
              Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
              Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by TT View Post
                Oh I forgot one..

Suzuki Cultus + turbo to add to the turbo AWD nuggetry
                Oh yes, please, please, please do this!
                I survived the patio flooding catastrophe of 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post
                  fuck using the UK rules as an example of 'how good it could be'. you can register anything from a powered sofa to a rusted through deathtrap. they changed the rules a little a few years ago, its a bit more stringent, but the UK has a history of allowing basically anything on the road so no massive change in the general feel of what's doable. fuck sharing the road with half the stuff that they consider 'registerable'.
                  While it's tempting to have that sort of reaction ... what if it's not actually a problem there?
                  I mean, yeah, won't somebody think of the children & all; but what if the UK's lax rules aren't leading to a spate of prangs due to unroadworthy cars? For example, AFAIK there's no data from Australia that proves that a yearly inspection makes any difference, I can't recall whether Queensland does yearly inspections now but back in the early 90's when they DEFINITELY didn't you saw a shocking number of rusted-out deathtraps all over the roads if you headed up to the Mould Coast or Brisbane & yet they had no more mechanical-failure prangs than NSW.

Anyway ... segué back to MCM .... and I can't really comment, as I'm about 2 eps behind.
                  Last edited by Captiva Fan; 17-11-20, 07:44 AM.
                  Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

This new thing of Ben's is luxury extremo!
                    V12 century.

https://youtu.be/gclZkybrPh8
                    This is serious mum!

Comment

Originally posted by 31GUN View Post
                      V12 century.

I even got indirectly referenced in that episode. I'm internet famous now!

It's an extremely cool thing, I'm so used to seeing them in black that it really stands out in white, I like it more than I thought I would. Can't wait to see what he does with it.
                      Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by 31GUN View Post
                        V12 century.

yeah its cool, but its no President. I want to know more about the President!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post

I wasn't singling you out, it just happened to be your comment re engineering was the most recent, its been mentioned by a few people a few different times here, FB and youtubes and I'm surprised the legality is becoming a factor to more and more people.

As you've said, long drawn out clusterfuck and expensive process, its hard to justify the benefit isn't it? Or is it just the old man club that wants to drive legal cars around now because of age and sensibilities?
                          An engineers report doesn't seem to absolve you of any automotive sins when your local HWP guy is still 50/50 if he's going to send your for a compliance check. Habibi is only one HSP away from a pass so why not do what you want and be happy?
                          A HSP, fuck you generous

So what your saying is, my 481x powered RvW car, wont be legal if I put working headlights on.......... Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post

It's an extremely cool thing, I'm so used to seeing them in black that it really stands out in white, I like it more than I thought I would. Can't wait to see what he does with it.
                            One of the other X people in Australia?
                            Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post

I bet its goign to be stanced with an exhaust
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget
                              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Clock Lobster View Post
                                One of the other X people in Australia?
                                He mentioned there was only one GZG50 in the country previously. That's me!!!

Originally posted by takai View Post
                                I bet its goign to be stanced with an exhaust
                                Yeah that would probably get him the most views on Youtube, and piss me off the most. It's a win-win!
                                Norbie!

Comment

Working...
                                X