Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hellio Rodney. Something's very off with the Lotus!
    Last edited by bigshipengine.jpg; 26-11-20, 04:03 PM.
    I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
      Hellio Rodney. Something's very off with the Lotus!
      Likely a combination of alignment and nut behind the wheel. They aren't that easy to drive. After having a few moments, losing confidence in the car underneath you because you don't know why/what its doing, is not a nice feeling.

Its a shame no passengers allowed, one of the team lotus dudes instructing for a few laps would probably make for an interesting video and help get your head around the car.

Comment

Uncle Rodney

Comment

Marty is always ditching Moog. Is this going to be some running joke?

Comment

Well Marty should be looking on the bright side.

At least it wasn't a hEADgasKET.....

Comment

The spin at T18 could have ended very badly, fortunate it didn't. It looks like a pig of a thing to steer, keen to see how off the suspension setup is on it.

EJ20 oil starvation sucks, hopefully the block is all good (assuming matching numbers currently).
              Last edited by RMX; 26-11-20, 09:20 PM.
              Originally posted by Mudkicker
              How many blowjobs to pay off that debt?

Comment

Time for an LS3 for the STi
                I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

Tyres make a huge difference on them there Lotus things.
                  it had ad08r on mine (same as MCM) when I got it. Heaps of tread, but rears had gone off and it was a drift pig on track, and a fairly unpredictable and snappy one at that.

Fit some new V70A or similar r comps, get alignment and corner weights right, try again.

​​​​​Plus more seat time.

A mid engines car is inherently unstable. A lotus is light and has a stiff chassis. The margin for setup or driver errors is consequently a lot smaller than a more normal car. But the reward is a lot higher when you get it right.

​​​​​​

Comment

yeah, you could tell it handled like a mid-engined car with the way it just let go all of a sudden.

was that evo lancer blowing smoke also leaving oil?

Comment

Tyres look fine, what could go wrong? Oh snap...

https://youtu.be/IFHWhHbjunI

Comment

Originally posted by 200MPH View Post
                        Tyres look fine, what could go wrong? Oh snap...

https://youtu.be/IFHWhHbjunI
                        Nicely held. Looks like a handful when its not got optimum setup- probably still is even when it is set up!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimi View Post
                          Its a shame no passengers allowed, one of the team lotus dudes instructing for a few laps would probably make for an interesting video and help get your head around the car.
                          I didn't realise it was no passengers as I wondering why this didn't happen, surely some basic instruction from a Lotus person would definitely help, as would some set up I guess after the "it's too high" comment.....something is going on there and who knows what the tyres are like. Keen to see Moog get it sorted and get some confidence back as he looked proper shaken and disappointed and it would be fairly deflating knowing the potential that's there and not being able to reach it (but it was first time out too!)

Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Yeah lets not forget how hard it actually is to drive a fast car fast first time out. Especially going to something mid-engine with enough power, grip and brakes to rattle most people

Comment

Yeh i reckon that's the big one, jumping in after spanking the BRZ around there successfully and trying to do the same thing won't work and no doubt Moog knew that (or does now) but it doesn't necessarily make the adjustment easier as lots of the things you did in one car may or may no apply in the Lotus.

I was glad Marty made mention of it in the vid, mostly cos it's true but also for the keyboard warriors, who no doubt gave their expert comments anyway!! (oops sorry to use the knock knock emoji Marty!) :D
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RMX View Post
                                The spin at T18 could have ended very badly, fortunate it didn't. It looks like a pig of a thing to steer, keen to see how off the suspension setup is on it.

EJ20 oil starvation sucks, hopefully the block is all good (assuming matching numbers currently).
                                there are no matching numbers in Subaru's as chassis and engine numbers are different but I believe Marty mentioned the engine was already changed and not the genuine one so meh ...
                                Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                                I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Working...
                                X