Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by piss98 View Post

I didn't realise it was no passengers as I wondering why this didn't happen, surely some basic instruction from a Lotus person would definitely help, as would some set up I guess after the "it's too high" comment.....something is going on there and who knows what the tyres are like. Keen to see Moog get it sorted and get some confidence back as he looked proper shaken and disappointed and it would be fairly deflating knowing the potential that's there and not being able to reach it (but it was first time out too!)
    There are usually driving instructors available at those Lotus Track Day events including Burrows days.

I've always found my Lotii fairly easy to drive fast on the track but near the limits they get very tricky. Snap oversteer is never far away and because they are light they are easy to upset on bumps and ripple strips.

With sorted suspension and steering that is an easy sub-1.50 car.
    If you dig a hole and it is in the wrong place, digging it deeper isn't going to help.

Police warn that blow-up dolls are not recognised floatation devices.

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post

there are no matching numbers in Subaru's as chassis and engine numbers are different but I believe Marty mentioned the engine was already changed and not the genuine one so meh ...
      Seems like every 2 door sti ad I ever see on carsales has "5,000km on new motor"!
      "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower." - Mark Donahue Penske Porsche 917

"In Japan we no give fark for Subaru" - Trust Japan Technical Director
      (TM - AVENGE)

"You can never have enough power. I remember when we had Group B cars... THEN we had enough power!"
      Juha Kankkunen - Rally of Argentina '02

Comment

Was the likely cause the 8k RPM over speed under 0 load? Seems weird for a motor with a 7200RPM cut to shit its pants when it has 800 more RPM for half a second. Maybe EJ related "quirks"?
        Originally posted by ahabthearab
        If you're in Amsterdam why the fuck are you even conscious and not in a drug fueled haze bent over with some crackhore hooker jamming a giant black didldo up your arse?

Comment

So how much is the STI with broken motor worth - I would be keen to get it if its reasonably priced.

Comment

Only driven an exige on a skidpan, but it felt totally alien compared to a front engine rear driver. Fuck all weight over the front to push understeer, then a giant pendulum in the back to swing around and overtake the front wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by Sathanas View Post
              Was the likely cause the 8k RPM over speed under 0 load? Seems weird for a motor with a 7200RPM cut to shit its pants when it has 800 more RPM for half a second. Maybe EJ related "quirks"?
              They don't like high revs through sustained corners at decent load. Oil ends up in one side, spins a bearing. I did three new ej25 that way before I learnt. Marty being a subie tragic would know this and hopefully had at least an extra 500mL of oil over the FULL mark, but yeah... Sadpanda.

Comment

Ah well, play with fire get burnt.

chance for a tidy forged 2.2 or 2.5 now - and an excuse to clean up the flaky paint engine bay.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                  Just got overtaken by Benny in the Cresta towing a trailer nth bound at Ourimbah with what looked like Marv or some other suspect with a Moustache in the passenger seat...i got a bit fangirl...
                  Edit ..wasnt Marv but was Benny. Love this thing.
                  I take it that it's engineered now?
                  Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Converts it back to stock to drive on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Clock Lobster View Post

I take it that it's engineered now?
                      Yes
                      I own a two and a half litre Commodore - 5.80 at 121mph

Comment

Just on the lotus thing, I hired Paul Stokells NA Exige for a few laps at Norwell. I felt like I was absolutely flying, the instructor was sitting there picking his teeth looking out the window. Hats off to Moog, I reckon he did great.
                        "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

dare i ask - infomercial for SSC? good guys, good product... but am i getting a vibe?
                          Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
                          "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Originally posted by ALLMTR View Post

Yes
                            I thought you couldnt engineer it because of the ladder bars being a no no??
                            /csh Racing

Comment

Originally posted by Sathanas View Post
                              I buzz mine to 7500 rpm through Nebo every time I go there and It's ok, I don't rum more than 21psi and it's the original engine (version 6 sti) which doesn't look like it's been opened up, running advan's and MCA reds so there is quite a bit of grip, I don't have any issues but I guess on a race track where you would be at 7500 RPM for minutes at a time it might do something ?

The 207 was a much better motor than the 205 so not sure if that has the 205 or 207 motor in it
                              Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                              I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Originally posted by itsnotagsr View Post

Seems like every 2 door sti ad I ever see on carsales has "5,000km on new motor"!
                                thats because all the flat brims with mail orders from cobb, nvidia then spew a bunch of eBay parts and turn the boost to 11bttty, then they put a 6 speed in and mooooaaar boost, then it blows up and they scrape some money together and get some Japanese pallet with an ej20 on it for cheap and call it a 5000km engine and flog it, someone else problem

I been driving my sti for 4 years now and I can tell you it's a lot of fun with only 210kw at the wheels which the engine likes and the gearbox agrees with, there is not much more than that, if you want more then like anything you'll have to pay and then you have to content with the rule of Cheap, Reliable, Fast....choose 2
                                Last edited by XFJET; 28-11-20, 04:30 PM.
                                Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
                                I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Working...
                                X