Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
    gotta say loving the civic. id be going for a 300bhp turbo build with boost coming in very low, but then im wierd. most turbo hondas are all peaky and nothing below 4000rpm.

carry on good sirs.
    The way to keep the Honda inside the motor is to have the boosts up in the revs.
    especially non built ones.
    300hp with all the torques down low leads to frequent trips to the wreckers
    Especially in the 1.6L they've got.

Same reason Scott has made his V12 boosts up in the revs.

Comment

seee, to me, thats alien, i like a nice flat torque curve with all the torque low down. anyway carry on.
      I am junkie for swedish high quality shitboxes. my latest fix is this...
      WANTED: HOLDEN CALIBRA - WHAT YA GOT?
      robslothyoung - follow me on insta.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloth View Post
        seee, to me, thats alien, i like a nice flat torque curve with all the torque low down. anyway carry on.
        Buy a euro turbo car then..
        golf GTI Focus xr5 or ST
        Megane
        Etc etc

all have all their torques from like 2000rpm and pretty flat by 5500rpm

Comment

As TT said it’s nothing to do with torque curve preference and everything to do with keeping the rods in. Can help with traction as a side effect too.
          Last edited by DaveBxGT; 28-03-21, 11:30 AM.

Comment

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...-ziONxfjz93nqz
            Turbo EK build/giveaway series
            Flick through if you care.
            But basically gets a GT3082 or something.
            Makes 350hp.
            Chirps all the chirps.
            Keeps rods in

Comment

Given the topic of the latest Skid factory ep, what goes particularly wrong in a 300k ez30 gen4 auto? Have been considering one as a cheap upgrade in winter handling over nopics i30. Assume all the regular body/suspension/engine/trans mounts, but anything I wouldn't have already faced thrashing various ej205?

Comment

Will we see the Cummins Patrol get tuned on the Dyno? Would be interesting to see compared to the electronically controlled stuff imho.
                I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by aerobrick View Post
                  Given the topic of the latest Skid factory ep, what goes particularly wrong in a 300k ez30 gen4 auto? Have been considering one as a cheap upgrade in winter handling over nopics i30. Assume all the regular body/suspension/engine/trans mounts, but anything I wouldn't have already faced thrashing various ej205?
                  Interior wise: dash cracks, central locking motors gum up/jam.
                  Gearbox and diffs: the center diff dies.
                  Engine: the plastic tanks on the radiator die. And, head gaskets. The get very small hg leaks.
                  Torque sells tow cars.
                  Horsepower wins horse races.

Comment

^ cheers. Basically standard suby stuff + dash cracks

Comment

And must highlight the leak that was mentioned in skid factory - the amazing timing cover leaks. EJ's are timing belt and so are designed to come apart easily for regular maintenance. The timing chain motors are "for life" so are an absolute cunt to strip down and replace seals. And my customers' customers will often leave a car at the yard and buy a new one when told they need a water pump done, pretty much the same job.

Comment

Realised tonight that the new MCM intro song sounds like Confusion by New Order (from the Blade club scene)
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget
                        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                          Realised tonight that the new MCM intro song sounds like Confusion by New Order (from the Blade club scene)
                          So it does!

Public Domain kickin' it to you, man!
                          Bass in the place, London!
                          Previously known as Lobster, Chuss's brother's anus, Chuss's brother, Lobsook, Lobstersock, Socks, Sockz, MissAmericaImportGirl, ClutchCLobster, Clock Lobster

CJM 4 Life yo!

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                            Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                            Feb 2, 2021 - also like the new intro....has a little "Operation Blade" sample feel to it to my ears. Hurry up and do a cunt ya skid!
                            Took you a while!
                            Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post

Took you a while!
                              Haha, i only watched the Lotus episode before last night when I started on the Civic build with the kids.
                              Chris
                              ------
                              The new nugget
                              I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Kiahatsiu View Post

Interior wise: dash cracks, central locking motors gum up/jam.
                                Gearbox and diffs: the center diff dies.
                                Engine: the plastic tanks on the radiator die. And, head gaskets. The get very small hg leaks.
                                There is a factory TSB for the door lock actuators.
                                Sent from my shed, trapped under a collapsed QuickJack, via Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X