Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New MCM series - 11sec subaru build. Bald PFer content.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dark Orange View Post
    I enjoyed the music only montage, as well as the vlog style nerd explainer, and think the two formats compliment eacher very well. Well done on trying new styles and keeping everything fresh.
    Yeah, this!
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

loved the latest EP, the intake sizing conundrum was good to see how you made a decision, with measurements and advice from Al and then Benny came through with the turbo you needed.
      all the build shots and the drive and the casual 'just chatting' bit was great too

Comment

Originally posted by Stix Zadinia View Post
        loved the latest EP, the intake sizing conundrum was good to see how you made a decision, with measurements and advice from Al and then Benny came through with the turbo you needed.
        all the build shots and the drive and the casual 'just chatting' bit was great too
        Anyone else would just ask on a forum and get 500 different answers...
        Chris
        ------
        The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Al when is 4wd factory going back to skid factory?
          CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post
            Al when is 4wd factory going back to skid factory?
            The 4WD stuff is smashing the views. Take a look the the YouTube channel and it rates higher in a few days than the non 4WD stuff does in a few months
            "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

The 4WD stuff is smashing the views. Take a look the the YouTube channel and it rates higher in a few days than the non 4WD stuff does in a few months
              Good for the dudes running the channel more cashola etc but I assume a lot of people that got on board from the start (and pay patreon) probably don't really want to see that sort of stuff.
              CAD Automotive Paint Correction, like us on the faceballs. Discounts on all detailing and ceramic coatings for PF members

Comment

i feel like the 4wd stuff has been a refreshing change personally, it's the same dudes doing basically the same thing (building cars in the shed), but its not that same 'fab engine mounts / fab turbo kit / wire it' rinse and repeat type deal
                Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                And I’ve explained many times this is not just another four year election.

The outcome will determine civilisation as we know it.

Comment

4wd/camping is the thing at the moment, can't fly to bali for $2 bintangs and psuedoephidrine so why not blow 100k on a dual cab diesel ute

Comment

Originally posted by FLI355 View Post

Good for the dudes running the channel more cashola etc but I assume a lot of people that got on board from the start (and pay patreon) probably don't really want to see that sort of stuff.
                    I love the show but stopped watching a few Eps ago. The patrol build was cool when it wasnt about the accessories, but the rest since then hasn't been my cup of tea. Will watch again and restart my patreon once the performance orientated content comes back. Each to their own, good to see the success coming from it either way.

Comment

Those battery packs are pretty neat, just hope they dont get water logged in a crossing or something, bzzzzzt pfft.
                      Chris
                      ------
                      I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Stop sooking you poofs, it's something different to break things up and like a lot of people I watch partly because I like seeing the car/performance stuff but also get a laugh out of Al and Woody's banter and antics and regardless of the work happening you always learn something. It's the same as MCM doing some serious stuff with full cinematography on cool cars then doing some nuggety stuff or playing with Kei tippers....you need to break it up to keep a wider audience interested.

I'm sure the guys realise there is a balance and have mentioned (in the last ep) working on something different maybe next week. Al's car was mentioned, I sure hope they get to that soon (as I am sure Al and a lot of other people do!)
                        Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I would love to know the timeline here. From the latest ep the Patrol isn't registered in one shot, and the Patrol 4wding day looks much more like the wet May/June than it does in the Paj shots.

Also the Bedford was left off when they were waiting for parts, have those parts even arrived?

Same goes for MCM, who mention so little to do with any lockdowns until the Kei truck episode where you mention not being able to go out to get stuff because its out of radius. That would be pretty recent then?
                          Last edited by takai; 29-07-21, 09:36 AM.
                          Chris
                          ------

Comment

The paj was cooked before the patrol driving ep. He makes reference to leaving a car idling in water in it.
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                              Those battery packs are pretty neat, just hope they dont get water logged in a crossing or something, bzzzzzt pfft.
                              It's only 12v, shouldn't be a problem unless it's salt water?
                              Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post

It's only 12v, shouldn't be a problem unless it's salt water?
                                Its not about the voltage but the amperage. Ive seen rather good fireworks from someone submerging an Optima yellowtop.
                                Chris
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X