Doing some stupid shit to an old datsun head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Head screwed down:

After lunch I just have to dial in the cam, set the valve lash & bolt a few bits & bobs on & she's done.

Comment

Just wondering What did you do about the head locating dowels and oil feed hole(from block to head) when shifting the head over??

Comment

Can't wait to hear the music this will make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Worlds worst supported camshaft - jesus fuck!
          "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

What was your final solution for doweling the head to block?

edit: slow refresh already been asked

Comment

I didn't dowel it, I just marked it, pop the head gasket on in the right spot with a couple of spots of superglue so it doesn't move, then head on & align with marks made previously, then nip a few bolts down to hold it in position while I lube up & nip the other bolts.

Oil feed I just elongated the hole at the head face.

After a battle royale with the damn cam timing it got it where I want it, 103 ICL, 107 ECL - cam on 105 lobe centres, 2 deg advanced.

Comment

All that work & no ARP head studs?!
                Classic Auto Fabrications:
                https://www.facebook.com/pages/Class...88753937823811

http://www.lescollinsracing.com/

Comment

Datto's don't need em, stock bolts seem to get the job done even with boost!

Dialling in cam:

Job done:

Comment

Oh yeah I can see the elongated oil feed hole in the pic
                    What can wheel are you using there ?
                    Is that a standard 3 hole jobbie?

Comment

Nekminit, on the dyno.

Comment

My brother's L20b just had a head stud pull loose. Threads in the block were buggered we are guessing.. Head is coming off again and block is being helicoiled. ARP studs will be going back into the motor.

Comment

Cam wheel is a stocker with 5x extra offset holes drilled, I ended up trying all 8 holes, some of them twice, before I got it right LOL.

Dyno Monday, owner is picking it up in the morning & will bolt up the intake etc.

Comment

Just noticed the 14-1 compression aswell!!
                            Any special head gasket to hold that or just a durapro or nismo

Comment

Look at all that old school wonderfulness, love it
                              Richard's DatsunZ lappin LakesidZ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47OSh...&feature=g-upl

Comment

What was the final chamber volumes?
                                Bore/stroke?
                                What length rods?
                                Notice tops of bores got a bit of opening!
                                if you get this far after reading the above, good on you!
                                If i make spelling mistakes, syntax errors, or just mss letters in words, it is because i am lw vision/vision impaired.
                                Dont drive or race no more. Bit of a cunt of a thing.
                                I cant see what keys my fingers hit when i type.
                                Its called Cone and Rod Dystrophy, un fixable, i get worse, its a hereditary cunt f a thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X