X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, excellent work.

Comment

Originally posted by Supercrown View Post
      Just curious about the reduction in ignition advance requirement.

Is all of it attributable to the chamber shape, or can a compression increase be responsible for some of the reduction?

increasing volumentric efficency also lowers advance requirements

Comment

~240hp from 2 litres is pretty solid, and not exactly screaming it either!
        "Where can we get hold of a Vincent Black Shadow?" "Whats that?" "A fantastic bike," I said. "The new model is something like two thousand cubic inches, developing two hundred brake-horsepower at four thousand revolutions per minute on a magnesium frame with two styrofoam seats and a total curb weight of exactly two hundred pounds."

Comment

makes my guess of 178kw pretty close
          E36 M3 12.92 @ 108.64mph, N/A 3.0L

Comment

Originally posted by 9triton View Post

increasing volumentric efficency also lowers advance requirements
            Cool. Figured the denser charge would have to increase burn speed.

Hey tony, if you gave this more cam could you get it to power out to 8.5krpm +, or would it be into the diminishing returns zone? (I guess as this is a roundy roundy engine it needs a solid under curve area though)
            Adjustable cam gears for 1FZ-FE now ready for sale - 10 degrees advance/10 degrees retard. Suitable for all variants of 1FZ-FE.

(adjustable scissor gear for changing separation angle between the intake and exhaust cams coming soon)

International sales welcome - PM me for pricing.

Comment

Love your work TK.

Someone told me once it takes 10,000 hours of doing/ practice to become an expert at something.... sounds like you are well ahead of time!

Comment

My favorite TK thread is still the isuzu bellet head 'reco', however this one comes close.

Cant wait to see what mini head is capable of when I eventually feed tony some money, and grab a number and wait in line
                Originally posted by Rdyno
                70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                Originally posted by Tripper
                Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Ok, got some audible valve float at just under 8000rpm, so we're at 237hp @ 7250rpm for now.

Motor is off the dyno - gotta make it to a race meet this weekend, so time is up!

Down the track we'll shim the valve springs some more & do before & after runs on a chassis dyno to verify results, from there we can tweak the intake runner length to suit the engine a little better - I was expecting peak closer to 8000, so the trumpets are a bit short for the motor as it sits, can't be sure until valve springs are sorted tho.

I reckon she's got 250hp in her, will just take a little tweaking & coaxing.

I'll put up more numbers tomorrow, gotta bolt now.

Comment

Must sound absolutely tits. /hat tip

Comment

that's one stout little L
                      List of cars goes here

Comment

Sensational, dare I ask for vids?
                        Originally posted by thebluerx7
                        The fact they want to ban cash makes me want to go out and use it full time again now .

Comment

So if I ported constantly for 3 years at work I would be pretty good......

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-urns View Post
                            So if I ported constantly for 3 years at work I would be pretty good......
                            Well you been smashing on wheel weights for how long now ? are you pretty good at it or .....................

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Bueller View Post
                              My favorite TK thread is still the isuzu bellet head 'reco', however this one comes close.

Cant wait to see what mini head is capable of when I eventually feed tony some money, and grab a number and wait in line
                              Link?

Comment

Tony,

What does the header look like?

Comment

Working...
                                X