Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
    Cool story bro. But that's bullshit.

It's considered an educational poster - and heaps of GovCo departments use them in bathrooms without issue.
    That's GovCo, private enterprise doesn't work the same. Sometimes management finds it easier to appease the whining morons.

Comment

Then they are a bunch of NFI amatituire hour dickheads.
      Originally posted by S
      I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

^ amateur

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

nopics bought a sportivo camry as her first car when she arrived here (before I've meet her), according to the books she bought it at 180.200 km, when I met her she had 240.100 or so km and when it hit 250.000 i said I'll have to service your car, she was like "whats that?" I was like ummm let me check the oil .... pretty black but all there changed oil and filter and drove it for another year or so, I did service it every 5.000 or 6.000 km thou just oil and filter. When I sold it to a lady she called me for my address as nopics left a cd in the 6 stacker and she wanted to return it, along with the CD there was a note that the car is going really well and they went to Perth and back from Brisbane over holidays!!!

While we had it the onboard computer said 11.2 L/100Km most of the time so it wasn't bad. I think TerribleOne changed front tyres once but fuck me it was a reliable barge with the worst turning circle of all 4 door cars in existance.

Can't fucking beat the toyota V6 for reliability imho, the whole time she had all she did was changed the battery by RACQ, she did buy RACQ which was interesting
          Originally posted by BeverlyHillsCop
          I think u should marry her... slip the ring inside your ass and next time she goes in, she'll come out with a ring on her finger...

Comment

Yep /phone lack of fucks for spell check.
            Originally posted by S
            I just want to apologise for some of my shit talking back around page 5.

Comment

Originally posted by XFJET View Post
              nopics bought a sportivo camry as her first car when she arrived here (before I've meet her), according to the books she bought it at 180.200 km, when I met her she had 240.100 or so km and when it hit 250.000 i said I'll have to service your car, she was like "whats that?" I was like ummm let me check the oil .... pretty black but all there changed oil and filter and drove it for another year or so, I did service it every 5.000 or 6.000 km thou just oil and filter. When I sold it to a lady she called me for my address as nopics left a cd in the 6 stacker and she wanted to return it, along with the CD there was a note that the car is going really well and they went to Perth and back from Brisbane over holidays!!!

While we had it the onboard computer said 11.2 L/100Km most of the time so it wasn't bad. I think TerribleOne changed front tyres once but fuck me it was a reliable barge with the worst turning circle of all 4 door cars in existance.

Can't fucking beat the toyota V6 for reliability imho, the whole time she had all she did was changed the battery by RACQ, she did buy RACQ which was interesting
              All these stories of Toyota bullet-proofedness has me wondering whether or not I should bother doing the 150k major service on mum's Avalon?

Seems the more I thrash it the better it drives

Comment

We had a customer that had a corolla with a timing belt due for replacement but every 10k service he said don't worry it's non interference engine about 60k overdue it failed on him and he rang up and said it was getting towed in for the belt to be replaced finally lol.

New belt, think pump was done also and away if went again.

Comment

It seems like an oil change while you wait type service like they have in the US could do well here, a lot of these cars that go tens of thousands of kms between services could be a result of people not wanting to deal with the hassle of taking it back to the dealer. If you could randomly pull in, have a coffee and then drive out 20 mins later, there would be almost no excuse
                  WWPBD

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum
                  first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
                  Fuckwits Incorporated

Comment

There used to be a few "Jiffy Lube" outlets around years ago.. They failed for some reason....

Comment

Originally posted by RB30-POWER View Post
                      We had a customer that had a corolla with a timing belt due for replacement but every 10k service he said don't worry it's non interference engine about 60k overdue it failed on him and he rang up and said it was getting towed in for the belt to be replaced finally lol.

New belt, think pump was done also and away if went again.
                      Haha pretty much how the supra community views maintenance too. Eventually harmonic balancer implodes, car stops, replace it/timing/pump and youre good as new
                      #WHOTW award winner #blessed #susanalbumparty

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Ed View Post
                        Haha pretty much how the supra community views maintenance too. Eventually harmonic balancer implodes, car stops, replace it/timing/pump and youre good as new
                        *ahem*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAM6povsqno
                        1988 AW11 9A-GTE - Turbo Missile | 2004 Elise K20A - N/A Screamer | 1984 MA61 1JZ-GTE - 80s Cruiser

Comment

Originally posted by CXTdreamer View Post
                          It seems like an oil change while you wait type service like they have in the US could do well here, a lot of these cars that go tens of thousands of kms between services could be a result of people not wanting to deal with the hassle of taking it back to the dealer. If you could randomly pull in, have a coffee and then drive out 20 mins later, there would be almost no excuse
                          Those Jiffy-Lube places tend to have a pretty poor reputation in the states. Mate of mine has had instances where they stripped the sump threads, shoved a rubber plug in its place and sent him on his way
                          Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

..... rubber plugs work fine as sump plugs? Awesome

Yeah I've heard dubious stuff about them too, a lot of which comes down to them trying to do things as quickly as possible and spend the least amount of time on each car as they can, so I think you'd maybe try and get away with charging more for the service here. I mean look at how much cunts pay to get their car washed by Indian students, and washing your car yourself is easier than changing the oil.
                            WWPBD

Originally posted by InsaneAsylum
                            first time i was in sydney, i asked the cabbie to tell a bit about the place. he said "this here oxford st, you see 2 man, they are poofter"
                            Fuckwits Incorporated

Comment

Originally posted by CXTdreamer View Post

when I had my old colorado pickup I used the shell servo near my house(here). Drive in straight over the pit. tell em new oil and filter and 15 minutes later it was done and you are gone... great deal for $20.00.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Some new car dealers are doing the express oil change thing as well, iirc Holden calls it a pitstop service or some equally wanky name.
                                Just remembered this "wonderful" idea http://www.ezoildrainvalve.com/

Have never seen one in person, probably a reason for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X