X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...n-2-8-seconds/

Heh heh ... thought you or the mag were paraphrasing, but it's actually called that!
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Not only is 0-60 mph acceleration time improved by 5 percent, but the quarter-mile time also drops to 10.9 seconds.
      I'll admit that I don't pay much attention to electric cars and simply have an understanding that Tesla's are by far the best of that bunch so I'm genuinely impressed by this

Comment

Do we really need an electric luxury sedan that can out run just about anything off the showroom floor?
        Oh who am I kidding, USD$10k is well worth it so I can look smug while collecting pinks.

Comment

We "need" it a helluva lot more than we "need" all those gerlytrux that're selling up a storm.
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

the next tesla roadster is going to be a fucking animal.

Oo___oO

Comment

Saw one at the drags, spoke to the owner. He said his "Base" model hit a limiter at 170km/h.

On the night it outran the best C63 time I've seen on the track. Owner was claiming 433km per charge around Perf.

Do want one.

Comment

Hellcat vs Tesla.... 1/4 mile at end of video. tesla S gets jump (AWD) but Hellcat does a good job chasing it down.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_astra View Post
                  Hellcat vs Tesla.... 1/4 mile at end of video. tesla S gets jump (AWD) but Hellcat does a good job chasing it down.

That was actually a really good video. Presenter is pretty damn entertaining.

I think I agree 100% with his verdict too.
                  (having driven neither).

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1990 E30 BMW 318is - In progress!
                    1974 KE25 Corolla Coupe - So much rust...
                    1955 Matchless G9 - On the road and loving it!
                    1954 Matchless G80 - Because the one above runs too well so I need something more broken...
                    And a fucking 1962 Rover... Because that makes sense

Comment

The 85kwhr battery pack is made up of ~7000 Panasonic 18650 NCR cells. The new silicon anode cell will see ~25% increase in energy storage capacity and increase in discharge current.

It's funny how in the future we'll be waiting for increases in battery company tech in order to see faster cars instead of looking at a cam specs glossy.
                      Fortune favours the brave

Comment

P85D is very fast 0-100 but does just 116mph over the 1/4

That's stock powerful sedan fast, nothing special

Now I see they have shaved over half a sec off the 1/4 time hopefully this now pulls 120+mph on the 1/4 so it's at least a match for its gas guzzling competition even though from any set of lights this will smash almost anything over 100m

Comment

The 4wd will give it a huge advantage over traditional muscle cars on poor condition roads compared to a dragstrip as well.
                          Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                            P85D is very fast 0-100 but does just 116mph over the 1/4

That's stock powerful sedan fast, nothing special

Now I see they have shaved over half a sec off the 1/4 time hopefully this now pulls 120+mph on the 1/4 so it's at least a match for its gas guzzling competition even though from any set of lights this will smash almost anything over 100m
                            If it does a 10.9s quarter, what gas guzzling sedan competition is beating it?

Comment

Ill just leave this here.....

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Working...
                              X