New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Cliffs for browsers where that vidjo doesn't work?
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Fucking want.
      One of the best looking sedans on the market, fucking quick and cheap to run. What's not to love?
      REACT Secretary
      Stocker than it should be: '90 Eunos Cosmo, 20btt.
      Slower than it should be: '76 929 2-door hardtop, 1GGZE.
      Not as finished as it should be: '68 Impala 4-door hardtop, 327.

Comment

Most Mental Caterham that you can buy that does a claimed 2.8 second 0-100. Caterham has a power to weight of 566 hp per tonne and Tesla has 305 hp per tonne. Puts Tesla into insane mode and chops the Caterham.
        I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Forg View Post
          If it does a 10.9s quarter, what gas guzzling sedan competition is beating it?
          There's a few vids on 85d's getting chopped by real cars on the 1/4 new e63 traps 123mph stock in one vid

The 85d only does an 11.6 1/4 @115-116mph

That's stock falcon v8 with a tune spec

No comparison out in the real world though off the lights

Comment

Audi rs7 chop chop

There's a few more on there too

Comment

Really want to drive one of these. I could imagine it being a novelty but still missing the vibration and power curve of a IC engine.

Projects:
              '90 2jz-gte 929
              '02 twin-locked TD42 GU Patrol

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                Most Mental Caterham that you can buy that does a claimed 2.8 second 0-100. Caterham has a power to weight of 566 hp per tonne and Tesla has 305 hp per tonne. Puts Tesla into insane mode and chops the Caterham.
                4WD in the Tesla does the trick there. Clubbies are traditionally difficult to get cleanly off the line - No electrickery helping you and they are very light.

Comment

For sure. Caterham do claim a 2.8 to 100 though.
                  I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

No doubt it can do that - on pre-warmed tyres, sticky road, well-practised driver, etc.

Comment

Ideal conditions, dragstrip etc.
                      Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Comment

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
                        The 85d only does an 11.6 1/4 @115-116mph

That's stock falcon v8 with a tune spec
                        I've never been into the drag-queen thingy, but 10.9s is quite a big difference from 11.6s isn't it?
                        Also, when you say stock Falcon V8, you're talking a blown one aren't you? So the "tune" means lots of boost?
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

It's bloody impressive, don't know how anyone can say different. I haven't driven a LOT of 10 second cars; maybe that's why I still think it's quick.

Comment

Well it's just quick enough to pip my street bike and I thought that was fucking quick at 11.137 119mph. 0 - 100 3 seconds flat.
                            I will race one for lols.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            - Gary

97 Mitsubishi Lancer Coupe 1.8 (cheap and cheerful motoring)
                            16 Honda Grom (MSX125) Snail racing would be faster

Comment

Originally posted by Forg View Post
                              I've never been into the drag-queen thingy, but 10.9s is quite a big difference from 11.6s isn't it?
                              Also, when you say stock Falcon V8, you're talking a blown one aren't you? So the "tune" means lots of boost?
                              Yes, 7/10ths at that level is a fucking world of difference.
                              Originally posted by piss98
                              I wish Kochie would get blown out to sea and never found, in fact most of those dumb cunts standing in the rain telling people not to stand in the rain need to get fucked. Stupid tart on the news last night talking to the weather guy "wow you look totally drenched there whateverthefuckhisnamewas." No shit you vapid bitch he is standing in a fucking cyclone.

Comment

^ About 10 car lengths.

Comment

Working...
                                X