No announcement yet.

New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is a size comparison. They are not small but any means.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post
      The Ludicrous option is AUD $13,500, BUT what hasn't been mentioned anywhere is that it requires the 90kWh battery pack upgrade which is AUD$4100 which gives a claimed 6% range increase.

just biscuit money for that ballistic hypercar performance,
      faggot teens today buy 500 dollar jeans and zombie phones
      from their bloated donors loose change.

some speakers on the outside as well and watch the puzzled looks
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mtzsC12D9Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLs8YcWMIx4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz9HWHjUcyc

Comment

The Ludicrous option is AUD $13,500, BUT what hasn't been mentioned anywhere is that it requires the 90kWh battery pack upgrade which is AUD$4100 which gives a claimed 6% range increase.
        By the time you at LCT & NSW stamp duty on top, it adds around $24k to the price. Apparently they will add the extra speed (not capacity) to existing p85d owners down the track. You can avoid the LCT & stamp duty by going that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
          The first step would be someone cramming the guts of a crashed Tesla into an old Vette or something. Get the weight down half a ton and it'll haul serious arse
          The batteries & motors would weigh more than the Vette powertrain & fuel-tank wouldn't it?

Hey ... segueing to an interesting thought ... an electric race car wouldn't change weight as it used fuel would it?
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Forg View Post
            Hey ... segueing to an interesting thought ... an electric race car wouldn't change weight as it used fuel would it?
            Very slightly, but barely enough to measure with really accurate scales let alone worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
              The first step would be someone cramming the guts of a crashed Tesla into an old Vette or something. Get the weight down half a ton and it'll haul serious arse
              The P85 battery pack weighs 600kg and has dimensions of measuring 8 feet (2,450 mm) in length, about 5 feet (2,440 mm) in width and four inches (102 mm) in thickness

Where are you going to stick all that plus the electric motor and associated electricals?

Comment

Originally posted by rj_astra View Post
                The P85 battery pack weighs 600kg and has dimensions of measuring 8 feet (2,450 mm) in length, about 5 feet (2,440 mm) in width and four inches (102 mm) in thickness

Where are you going to stick all that plus the electric motor and associated electricals?
                There in lies the challenge.
                RB26......................Again

Comment

Originally posted by Forg View Post
                  The batteries & motors would weigh more than the Vette powertrain & fuel-tank wouldn't it?

The problem is getting all the electrons to the motor at a high rate for a long time. Teslas will eventually go into limp mode when thrashed for a continuous amount of time (ie race track)

Comment

Originally posted by SPDRCR View Post
                    By the time you at LCT & NSW stamp duty on top, it adds around $24k to the price. Apparently they will add the extra speed (not capacity) to existing p85d owners down the track. You can avoid the LCT & stamp duty by going that way.
                    Ludicrous package is a physical upgrade as well, upgraded wiring and fuses among other things.
                    As for the pricing, I don't think many people would worry about that considering you're looking at $200k+ anyway, I just priced one ticking everybox got it to AUD$225k.

Comment

Auto/no gears, awd, powerband goes to peak torque immediately

Sounds boring as fuck to punt down a drag strip to be honest.. the car doesnt even need you to be in it realistically

Comment

I had a P85 for about half a day. Went like stink in a straight line. I ended up getting half the advertised range due to the right foot. The handling wasn't that great.

Eastern Creek
                        - 1:53.633
                        Wakefield Park - 1:10.34
                        WSID - 18.3

Im here for the lulz

Originally posted by nash
                        thanks to Jesus (our LORD and SAVIOUR) that the day of reckoning will soon be at end and these filthy moon worshippers will soon be sent back to the abyss from whence they came. praise be to GOD the almighty

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post

Sounds boring as fuck to punt down a drag strip to be honest.. the car doesnt even need you to be in it realistically
                          Tesla's should come with a RC, 1:1 scale RC racing

Comment

Ludicrous package is a physical upgrade as well, upgraded wiring and fuses among other things.
                            As for the pricing, I don't think many people would worry about that considering you're looking at $200k+ anyway, I just priced one ticking everybox got it to AUD$225k.
                            Apart from the (minor) storage upgrade they only change a few things to access the extra power (as you say):
                            http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/three-dog-day

Also ACT pays no stamp duty on electric vehicles so add $20k odd to your figure if you live in NSW. If I get one I think I'll be leaving a few options unticked and get them installed later (eg ludicrous mode) if I feel that I really need them.

Comment

when they try to bad ICV's, i'm going to mount an EMP into the back of a old carby van and ruin lots of peoples days.

Comment

Originally posted by yohoes View Post

Sounds boring as fuck to punt down a drag strip to be honest.
                                Drag strip is about being the fastest; don't see how "interesting" comes into drag racing.

Originally posted by padey View Post
                                I had a P85 for about half a day. Went like stink in a straight line. I ended up getting half the advertised range due to the right foot. The handling wasn't that great.
                                Being an IT company rather than knowing anything about suspension etc, that's no surprise.
                                Being American it's even less of a surprise.
                                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Working...
                                X