• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still actually want one though.

Comment

Originally posted by burn is weird View Post
      I cancelled mine, Boot instead of hatch was a deal breaker
      Model Y should sort that out once released in 2121.

The did stuff up the boot design in the Model 3 though, when lifted after its been raining the water runs into the boot as the guttering from the rear window isnt large enough.

Comment

That's pretty poor design on the boot opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post
          That's pretty poor design on the boot opening.
          Thatís a tech company building cars. Nothing insurmountable in the next generation but a reminder that thereís a huge amount of details involved in building cars that takes generations of development.
          ---
          Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

ĎBleeding moneyí: $408 million question Elon Musk canít answer

https://www.news.com.au/finance/busi...4e183131d0709f

Comment

I did wonder what would happen if Tesla went bust after i bought one, like would the car stop working if the Skynet servers are shutdown?

But bleeding money with $5b (of borrowed money) in the bank, at the current burn rate gives them 2.5 years, which is one of the best positions they've ever been in.

In all seriousness, looking at the earnings update they generated $600m of free cash and its looks like the loss is primarily from the drop in gross margin. If i was to speculate, that could be from needing to hire hundreds of meat bags to build cars in a tent because lots robots in the factory was a dumb idea.

Its simple, the cars cost to much to make but maybe moving some of the manufacturing to a country with cheaper labour costs would help, que Shanghai Gigafactory.

Comment

If youre interested in what makes these cars tick this guy has a good Youtube channel

Crazy enough to buy flood-damaged Teslas, pull them apart and make them work again

Bonus points for having a sense of humor and not being an annoying narrator

Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Tesla Melbourne called today to schedule delivery of the 3 in a months time, getting pretty excited about driving a 350kw car with insta torque!

Comment

You're buying a Performance model?

Comment

Sure have, Model 3 Performance with the big brakes etc. Not the smartest financial decision I've made.

Comment

Originally posted by to4garret View Post
                        Sure have, Model 3 Performance with the big brakes etc. Not the smartest financial decision I've made.
                        Whatís the torque rating? Didnít realise these things had 350kw! Thatís mental.

Comment

Going by the wiki 473 hp (353 kW) and 471 lb⋅ft (639 N⋅m) combined, 283 hp (211 kW) rear motor & 197 hp (147 kW) front motor. Max torque at zero rpm hahaha

Most seem to do 0-100kph 3.4s with 1/4m in 11.7 @ 116mph, they loose a lot of punch at high speed with no gearbox, the dyno graphs look really weird.

Comment

Comment

Model 3 is 1800kg or something? Model S is over 2 tons

You dont get those kind of neck-snapping 0-100 times without a shitload of power and torque

[edit] https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/tes...e-torque-video Model S = 450kw 1400nm

Originally posted by Jim
                              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                              Originally posted by elfturbomax
                              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                              1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Originally posted by to4garret View Post
                                Most seem to do 0-100kph 3.4s with 1/4m in 11.7 @ 116mph, they loose a lot of punch at high speed with no gearbox, the dyno graphs look really weird.
                                Its more to do with the battery pack not being able to sustain that output level for long. Not if you want a 10 year life that is.

Cell chemistry still has a way to go. But its getting there.
                                Fortune favours the brave

Comment

Working...
                                X