Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fury View Post

Still point taken German v US build quality.. wonder which will still be running at 400,000km though..
    i think it is more tesla build quality vs any established quality car manufacturer.
    great with technology, poor with car design, parts (ask any smash repair/insurance company having to repair one about availability) and QC.

Comment

I wonder what percentage of today's cars are actually required to still be running at 400,000km? Presumably taxis only.

Plenty of 300,000km+ Priuses on Carsales, including one with 500,000km+ (albeit broken). Quite a few Teslas with 100,000km+ which seem to be holding their resale pretty well.

Logically what will kill the Teslas may be lack of ongoing software support, particularly if their profit margins keep looking like they do.

Comment

holy crap - ready for its 4th battery
        This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Purple View Post

Logically what will kill the Teslas may be lack of ongoing software support, particularly if their profit margins keep looking like they do.
          It’s not like that means existing cars will stop working though

At most it means you won’t ever see good value for money if you forked out that extra $8k for the full autopilot thing

Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
          Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
          1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Guy at work took delivery of his model 3 over the weekend so he took me for a decent spin today. Fucking. Awesome. Feels very much like a premium vehicle, which I guess it ought to given the pricing of $73k on road. Up close it looks very tidy too.

Love the minimal interior.. no more knobs and switches everywhere. Everything is very easy to use through the big screen interface which replaces pretty much everything. Very spacious too for 4 people, feels more like a very large sedan or big SUV inside without all the traditional drivetrain in the way. Heaps of leg room, huge boot, etc.

It felt very "airy" inside with the glass roof and wide windscreen. Again they've done pretty good there. Really nice to be inside and punt around in.

Even though this is pretty much just the base level model, the thing goes pretty hard.. When you plant it, the torque throws you back like a turbo kicking in. While we didn't do anything too crazy, it pulled nicely from 60-120km like it was nothing. While the specs say "only" 5.6s/100, it definitely feels pretty quick.

To me seems good value compared to a base level 3 series bmw or the like, never mind the smoothness, integrated control screen, and acceleration of the electric drivetrain.

It's hard to describe all the small things, but it just feels so far ahead of anything right now. You can see what a lot of the hype is about once you get in one. Once more of these sorts of cars + suv type things are on the road from different manufacturers, I'm pretty convinced within 10 years the ICE will be done.

Apparently the 8.5k full auto driving option is not legal in Australia until it goes through a whole bunch of legislation checks, and may never be, so a bit of a gamble for the full feature set. You can add it on later anyhow if that ever happens.
            Last edited by fury; 23-09-19, 09:38 PM.
            your former friendly cambodian dictator

Comment

Yep I think everyone’s worked out that you’re better off leaving that box unticked for now so at least if it does eventuate later you can buy it and not be paying LCT etc on it

Originally posted by Jim
              I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
              What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
              1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Mother daughter got matching Tesla tats

https://twitter.com/HeaddieG/status/1176498704397684736

Last edited by Falc&Send; 27-09-19, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Police Tesla goes flat during pursuit

https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...aa90de53ddc66e

Police driving a Tesla patrol car in California had to abandon pursuit of a suspect when the electric car ran out of charge.

Another officer in a conventional car took over the pursuit.

Police said the Tesla’s battery went flat because an officer on a previous shift forgot to plug it in.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	83219c4974d456b5698aa203c70dc925?width=650.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	7077850
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	a18caa29fac5223f46f9460181c04fb2?width=650.jpg
Views:	358
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	7077851

Comment

Final nail.

Comment

Don’t work without fuel lol silly EVs

Originally posted by Jim
                      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

you'd think they could find a fast charger near the donut shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Falc&Send View Post
                          Mother daughter got matching Tesla tats

https://twitter.com/HeaddieG/status/1176498704397684736
                          Hahahahahaha that is awesomely shit

Comment

so - haven't seen one pulled apart before - turn the sound down - and ready your cringe..

This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Working...
                            X