New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
    Neat vijayo - I wonder how many laps it can do without over-heating...

I remember reading some discussion about how Tesla could be using the multiple motors in a sequential ratio rather than parallel, or rather -not- paired up to the same gearbox diff/ratio. Some of the smarter blokes were saying that its likely each motor has a different drive ratio to spread the power out over higher speeds. They were saying its likely the battery packs could be closer to peak discharge rates over more of the speed range and that having the different ratios at the diff level removes a need for a "gearbox" but could achieve essentially the same thing. Coincidentally this is already how the Dual Motor cars already work - the front & rear motors have different ratios spreading/power and efficiency over different speeds.

I'll reserve until i see one torn down, but it does sounds an approach Tesla would take since they fucked up gearboxes so badly with the original Roadster.

Another Tesla Track video, really need to get some suspension for mine!

Last edited by to4garret; 24-09-20, 06:59 PM.

Comment

TBF there wouldnt be many powerful, heavy cars that wouldnt cook their stock brakes around Nurby

Originally posted by Jim
      I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
      Originally posted by elfturbomax
      What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
      1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

Working...
      X