No announcement yet.

New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be a sad day when Ozone replaces nitro as the smell hanging in the air at the drags.

There has been an electric drag scene for quite some time - but few spectators as whilst quick it lacks the noise and theatre of ICE cars.
    Marvellous things so quickly get mundane

Comment

Originally posted by Justengt4 View Post
      Modders will be frying themselves left, right and centre....this shit isn't to be taken lightly and you can't just roll out the spanners and start swapping shit. Mods will be undertaken by workshops mostly I reckon?
      How many retards have retarded working on ic cars????? Only a billion. There a lot of smart people out there and electric is no different to ic they will be modded and some will be total rubbish and unsafe and some will be like Carroll Shelby it's just the way it is.

Comment

http://electrek.co/2015/11/16/tesla-...epower-claims/

Earlier this month, Tesla changed the advertised horsepower of the Model S P85D from 691 hp to 463 hp.

The company also offers the ‘Ludicrous upgrade’ to increase the max power output of the battery pack from 1300 to 1500 Amps, which enables 532 hp according to Tesla. – still significantly less than the original 691 hp.
        Whoops... Tesla telling fibs about power output. After lecturing other about fibbing

From an advertised 515kw to a revised 345kw. Class action perhaps?

Comment

I drove a P85D the other day in Insane Mode (the Ludicrous ones aren't here yet). Sure felt like quite a bit more than 436hp...it felt like an honest 700!
          Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
            I drove a P85D the other day in Insane Mode (the Ludicrous ones aren't here yet). Sure felt like quite a bit more than 436hp...it felt like an honest 700!
            Full torque from 0 rpm will probably do that.

Comment

dont really think 436hp is going to push 2.3T to an 11 second 1/4 mile.
              this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Seeing a handful of these around Perth, which is keen considering there is sfa charging infrastructure and the nearest dealer is Melbourne....

Originally posted by Jim
                I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.
                Originally posted by elfturbomax
                What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.
                1UZ+1NZ...

Comment

The Electric motor / drive train modding argument sounds eerily similar to the 'Only workshops will be able to modify this new fangled EFI stuff' argument of 1986
                  1978 Opel Manta SR Berlinetta 1UZFE
                  2013 Opel Insignia OPC
                  2013 Kia Rio
                  2018 LDV T60

Comment

Originally posted by trdee View Post
                    under or behind. either way makes it more difficult for packaging. didnt know the 4wds did not have the front boot. thats a bit gay.
                    They do have it however it's a bit smaller to fit the front motors.
                    Originally posted by Rdyno
                    I say we ban Rdyno... oh wait.

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
                      dont really think 436hp is going to push 2.3T to an 11 second 1/4 mile.
                      AWD and max everything near 0 rpm
                      Trap speeds for Tesla show its all in the launch. A RWD Hellcat will chase it down.

Comment

Originally posted by rj_astra View Post
                        AWD and max everything near 0 rpm
                        Trap speeds for Tesla show its all in the launch. A RWD Hellcat will chase it down.
                        Yes, but you can't fight physics. 997 911 turbo is the closest match I can find, 480hp, AWD, tons of grip, 0-60 in 3.4, 11.6 1/4 and it weighs 600kg less than the Tesla. I have no doubt it needs less power to accomplish the same time down the 1/4 mile, but it is nowhere near the low 400s. There are people putting RWD teslas on the dyno and getting 400+ hp - http://insideevs.com/video-autocar-s...s-to-the-dyno/
                        this signature intentionally left blank

Comment

Aren't they 4 billion Nm?

Comment

Why is everyone banging on about it running 11's, shouldn't the trap speed be more telling of the power output?
                            Jaguar XJR, Freelander 2 HSE, Jaguar XKR, MINI Cooper S
                            Originally posted by nutttr
                            People must assume you are some sort of drug dealer with all these nice cars turning up to a fibro home

Comment

Originally posted by CussCuss View Post
                              Yes, but you can't fight physics. 997 911 turbo is the closest match I can find, 480hp, AWD, tons of grip, 0-60 in 3.4, 11.6 1/4 and it weighs 600kg less than the Tesla. I have no doubt it needs less power to accomplish the same time down the 1/4 mile, but it is nowhere near the low 400s. There are people putting RWD teslas on the dyno and getting 400+ hp - http://insideevs.com/video-autocar-s...s-to-the-dyno/
                              Close enough to prove to you it's the realms of possibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Nicholson View Post
                                Why is everyone banging on about it running 11's, shouldn't the trap speed be more telling of the power output?
                                Do those "formulas" work when powered by electrical motors? Or are they strictly physics? Something with a bazillion horsepower but take ages to get to full power won't allow enough time to accelerate so would give a false reading for example.

Comment

Working...
                                X