No announcement yet.

New Tesla S has "Ludicrous Speed" mode - 0-100k in 2.8secs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So can traction be turned off in teslas? There was one at mt cotton skid pan on the weekend and even though it was impressive at how quick it was on a slippery surface, no skids were to be had.
    Evo VIII MR

Comment

Originally posted by SLrocket View Post
      So can traction be turned off in teslas? There was one at mt cotton skid pan on the weekend and even though it was impressive at how quick it was on a slippery surface, no skids were to be had.
      Mine has track mode and has a Dori Dori preset. I have experimented can report the arse end can be flicked about.

Comment

I think it was just a base rwd 3. We couldn't find any setting or mode to switch the nannies off.
        Evo VIII MR

Comment

Model S Plaid doing low-mid 9 1/4s on the street, no slicks, no rollout BS
          Originally posted by Jim
          I feel that rules are important as without rules there is no cheating and cheating is a vital part of drag racing.

Originally posted by elfturbomax
          What has happened to PF? It seems to be diesel love now days. Maybe the name should be changed to Particulate Forums.

Comment

Saw a video with one racing some 900hp hellcats from a roll on, even giving them a 1 car head start and the jump, and still beating them.

Comment

and yet id still choose the Hellcat.
              I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Hmm. $225k drive away with 1,050hp. Delivery in late 2022.

Tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshipengine.jpg View Post
                  and yet id still choose the Hellcat.
                  For the sound/experience, or for other reasons?

Comment

Both of those but also looks and presence.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Originally posted by Captain_Slow View Post

For the sound/experience, or for other reasons?
                      the fury - mostly for the fury - street traffic light GP - will be slower every time.. probably slower than a stock model 3 sport...

This is a post i wrote by mistake, which is nice...

Comment

Some serious ownage.

https://youtu.be/Q7TU-5dZE94
                        Fortune favours the white knights

Comment

Originally posted by womblesti View Post
                          Hmm. $225k drive away with 1,050hp. Delivery in late 2022.

Tempting.
                          It's quite a crazy proposition, compared with what else you can get new for the same money
                          Japanese Nostalgic Car - Dedicated to classic japanese cars

Comment

Originally posted by GSRman View Post

the fury - mostly for the fury - street traffic light GP - will be slower every time.. probably slower than a stock model 3 sport...
                            I’m down with the fury, I could have bought model 3 performance but V8 all the way. The sound is a huge amount of the experience to me.

When too much horsepower is barely enough

Comment

Originally posted by Babalouie View Post
                              It's quite a crazy proposition, compared with what else you can get new for the same money
                              Question is what else will come out from the major manufacturers in the interim or about that time?

GM and Ford in the US have gone, "Oh, so you want electric cars now?" and swung there 30 years of making them into production. The Hummer and Lightning are examples of that

I'm glad that Tesla/Musk have given the whole industry a kick along, and the product I like, just wondering what the others will do as a returning shot

"Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by biteme View Post

I’m down with the fury, I could have bought model 3 performance but V8 all the way. The sound is a huge amount of the experience to me.Suerley
                                Surely some enterprising chap can do an app of v8 sounds for you to play inside your on Tesla.

... Or outside...

Comment

Working...
                                X