Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• perthdrivers.txt
    replied
    TBF there wouldnt be many powerful, heavy cars that wouldnt cook their stock brakes around Nurby

Leave a comment:

• to4garret
    replied
    Originally posted by MexicanBatman View Post
    Neat vijayo - I wonder how many laps it can do without over-heating...

I remember reading some discussion about how Tesla could be using the multiple motors in a sequential ratio rather than parallel, or rather -not- paired up to the same gearbox diff/ratio. Some of the smarter blokes were saying that its likely each motor has a different drive ratio to spread the power out over higher speeds. They were saying its likely the battery packs could be closer to peak discharge rates over more of the speed range and that having the different ratios at the diff level removes a need for a "gearbox" but could achieve essentially the same thing. Coincidentally this is already how the Dual Motor cars already work - the front & rear motors have different ratios spreading/power and efficiency over different speeds.

I'll reserve until i see one torn down, but it does sounds an approach Tesla would take since they fucked up gearboxes so badly with the original Roadster.

Another Tesla Track video, really need to get some suspension for mine!

Last edited by to4garret; 24-09-20, 06:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    Model 3 racing up Pikes Peak. It is eerily quiet.

Leave a comment:

• tremolo
    replied
    Yeah fuck. Quicker than a Mac P1.

Leave a comment:

• MexicanBatman
    replied
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?pbjreload=101&v=Vj4JZxv6mY4

lap of Laguna

Leave a comment:

• GSRman
    replied
    Originally posted by biteme View Post

Dragtimes reckons 4600lb. In his video he think it’s underpowered and uses a 720s with 950whp that dips into the 8s @160mph at 3100lbs as a reference.
    P100D is already listed at like 4900lb

Leave a comment:

• biteme
    replied
    Originally posted by GSRman View Post
    surely a plaid model is going to be close to a veyron for weight
    Dragtimes reckons 4600lb. In his video he think it’s underpowered and uses a 720s with 950whp that dips into the 8s @160mph at 3100lbs as a reference.

Leave a comment:

• GSRman
    replied
    surely a plaid model is going to be close to a veyron for weight

Leave a comment:

• MZ21
    replied
    Yep, per the model 3 vs 911 thread, not seeing anything immediate like the 4280 batteries being used on any cars or any price drops.

Leave a comment:

• Norbie
    replied
    There was a little too much "coming soon" for my liking, I'll get excited if/when they actually deliver.

Leave a comment:

• Ribfeast
    replied
    $25000 US model coming soon too apparently

Leave a comment:

• CussCuss
    replied
    So the bar has been set again (or at least will be if they can follow though), even if they dont get all the way on their claims, its still a huge step.

- A 56% reduction in cost per kilowatt hour. 54% range increase. 69% reduction in cost per GWh capacity.

- Model S Plaid is now available to preorder. Tri-Motor, All Wheel Drive, starting at $139,990. 520+ mile range, 200 mph top speed, <2.0s 0-60.

Basically took a start to finish look at their whole process and make lots of 10-15% improvements, including taking lots of stuff in house. Still lots of innovation though. Big improvements in scalability. Battery pack as a stressed member is quite cool as well.

https://youtu.be/l6T9xIeZTds?t=6038 for the details.

Leave a comment:

• MexicanBatman
    replied
    Seen heaps of M.3 here in vic all fucking filthy as fuck unwashed shitful looking things with a fucking terrible amount of gutter rash (I thought they could park themselves)

thats what happens when a car appeals to hippy fuck non car people

just means when I can finally buy one I’ll have to wade through the abused shitboxes to find a well kept one, like trying to buy a V6 commodore...

Leave a comment:

• fury
    replied
    Yeh.. needs something like that if you don't want to look too boring. Always though it was a bit too understated for how it performs, clean lines but a tad bland.

Leave a comment:

• Banzai
    replied
    That completely transforms the look of the car. That colour really suits it too. I've previously only seen the 3 in white, black or red.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X