Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got fucked up perple & bubbled window tint stuck on rear window of a vy...came off in several separate layers except last thin layer.

What is a good way to get tint off without damaging heated window? Heat gun or some other way?
    an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

It would be the glue.
      Get scrubbing. Desolvit works well.

Comment

What is a good way to get tint off without damaging heated window? Heat gun or some other way?
        Not sure about the actual tint, but I used glue remover and very fine steel wool to remove the sticky shit left behind. Got the hot tip from a Window Tinter when I cleaned the Evo up for rego. Worked a treat.
        Last edited by jp; 06-02-20, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Cloudy ammonia and a black garbage bag. Spray/splash/paint the ammonia on the window and cover it with the bag. Let it stay there, wet with ammonia, until the glue goes soft.
          Originally posted by Marlin
          Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Will try cloudy ammonia/garbage bag trick when I get a day off.
            an easy fix is get a mate to drive in front of you at 60 then 80 then 100 and mark in on your speedo with some liquid paper.

Comment

Someone told me a water steam thingo for removing wall paper was the go.

It wasn't. Was a pain in the arse. Dont do it that way!
              Originally posted by Rdyno
              70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
              Originally posted by Tripper
              Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

I think i know the answer to this, just need confirmation of my suspicion.

An FG falcon should have zero play in the front wheel bearings right? I know BA/BF do, but FG wheel bearings are a different design.
                Both sides have 1-2mm play, no bad noises though.
                Originally posted by Rdyno
                70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                Originally posted by Tripper
                Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

Comment

Ive never come across a bearing that is supposed to have mm of play. Generally its a few thou of runout and thats it. Anymore and youll introduce vibration and uneven wear.
                  Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                  This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboyy View Post
                    Got fucked up perple & bubbled window tint stuck on rear window of a vy...came off in several separate layers except last thin layer.

Buy a small handheld steam cleaner for ~$20 from BigW/KMart.

Apply steam to inside of glass, move it (the steamer) all around, and it'll gradually peel off in one piece. Took about 1 minute per side window removing some very well cured tint from my old Statesman. Rear window took about 2-3 minutes as I was being very careful not to wreck the demister.

I tried other methods prior to this involving taping garbage bags, spraying water/soap and parking in the hot sun with zero success. Like you I was left with the last (first) layer of film bonded tight to the glass. Possibly the exact same type of film as it's a WK (equivalent/same era as VY Commo).

Edit: This one, cheaper than the tinting place were going to charge to remove the old tint:
                    https://www.kmart.com.au/product/han...cleaner/824515
                    Last edited by andy_wk; 07-02-20, 01:12 PM.

Comment

After having the remote oil-filter & oil-cooler hoses replaced with stuff that is, according to the guy I got to do it, "less suited to earthmoving equipment & forklift hydraulics" ... it seems the idle in the Volvo is more stable (the root cause of that is a combo of too large a cam for the low static CR & the ECU being MAP sensed).
                      Apparently the oil thermostat wasn't working, the oil was definitely going through the filter but unsure whether it was bypassing OR going through the cooler regardless of temp.

Is there any chance the new simpler setup with remote filter & cooler is putting less load on the engine, which is what caused the more stable idle?
                      Admittedly I've only driven it on two separate days since, both were fairly similar heat conditions - humid early 30's days - and since installing the M84 it's been more stable on middling-tem days than cold days or super hot days.
                      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Already bought cloudy ammonia so will try that first if it fails will borrow or buy a steamer.

Other thing this vy does is some weird rattle o/s/r...tightened everything in sight,still rattles & never does it same time/conditions.

Comment

A Commodore without rattles is a Commodore that won’t start ...
                          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by gtrboyy View Post

pay some cunt to do it, then claim on insurance when they fuck up

you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

Comment

Diff in my D40 Nav is 3.5 to 1, If I was to ditch the 4cyl/auto diesel lump and slot in a 1uz/auto would it be happy with that diff, current tyres are 255/70/16 ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Out of all the choices, why a 1uz? The loss of torque is going to be noticed, especially with fuel usage. Id be putting something in that atleast exceeds the torque output of the old engine.
                                Last edited by Madhatr; 07-02-20, 10:22 PM.
                                Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                                This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Working...
                                X