Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would a zb commodore 2.0T or even the v6 go into a JH Cruze in a relatively easy fashion or would it be a full custom fabrication + wiring canbus nightmare?

Comment

Cheers for the advice guys, tb48 ti looks like the go, factory lockers and a comfy (for nissan) looking interior, and can be had for $12ish k with average km. Which is better then the other option, 100 series v8 gxl and up, which are either high as fuck ks or just to expensive.

Comment

Lx470s can be had cheap though, and are generally better looked after.

Comment

toyota people. an na-t supra with w58 box- looks like ar5 aisin boxes are the new r154, anyone on here with experience with the swap?
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

How do i safely clean the shmutz from a sensor? This is the crank case pressure sensor from a KTM 2 stroke TPI. A hose is connected to the barb, the other end of which to the crank case as part of the oil/fuel injection system. Naturally it chokes up with 2 stroke shmutz - i assume inside is delicate and i shouldn't just blast it with brake cleaner. ID is 2mm and concerned using something physical will just poke the grot further in?

Comment

Carby Cleaner or a hammer.
              I climbed Mt Druitt

Comment

Look up electrical cleaner. Is better than brake cleaner.
                2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

On this note, for those who want electrical/contact cleaner in bulk, check out formsolve 64. Is good for this type of shit.

Comment

Carby blown motors... how shit are they to tune ?

Motor is LS3 with a 6/71 blower shop on top, looks to be about 20% under.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

people tune these?

Comment

I didn't think they were any worse than a n/a one, so long as the carby was the right type/size ... so nowhere near as much tuneabiity as EFI, but it should still allow reasonable driveability & good max power (yet as thirsty as fuck).
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post

people tune these?
                          They are still a thing it seems.

Click image for larger version  Name:	blown torry.JPG Views:	0 Size:	353.0 KB ID:	7145499
                          Last edited by Gin Kii; 20-05-20, 10:08 PM.

Comment

{"data-align":"none","data-size":"large","data-attachmentid":7145498}
                            Oh lawrdy!

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	blown torry.JPG Views:	0 Size:	353.0 KB ID:	7145499
                              I meant I thought people would tune suck through carbys about as often/well as normal carbys, which is see if it runs, look at the plugs, off you go, as far as i know (which isn't very far) it shouldn't be much different to tune either. One would think it would make sense to use port fuel injection, but I guess it depends on the aesthetic being gone for, wouldn't be impossible to make it look kinda sorta like mechanical injection though which could be cool, not like the LS has a distributor so it's not going to look like an old motor anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Roadsailing View Post

I meant I thought people would tune suck through carbys about as often/well as normal carbys, which is see if it runs, look at the plugs, off you go, as far as i know (which isn't very far) it shouldn't be much different to tune either. One would think it would make sense to use port fuel injection, but I guess it depends on the aesthetic being gone for, wouldn't be impossible to make it look kinda sorta like mechanical injection though which could be cool, not like the LS has a distributor so it's not going to look like an old motor anyway.
                                Cool so basically the same as a greasy old 302 clevo then.

Here's how the engine currently sits (vehicle and driveline was being sold seperately).

Click image for larger version

Name:	torry motor.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	285.6 KB
ID:	7145510

Comment

Working...
                                X