Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to replace my single cab rn85 hilux with an rzn149 hilux I want to swap the tray from my car to the new one because it is a hydraulic tip tray. Are the mounting pints on the chassis in the same place? Is it common across different brands even so maybe a bravo or courier etc?
    Originally posted by Marv
    "The bitches," he proclaimed, "are wet"

Comment

Originally posted by horrace View Post
      Centre caps (plastic) on my 2008 WRX daily have the paint flaking off. What the hotness in matching the colour? is there a code to be found? The wheels themselves are immaculate bar the centre caps
      Have you looked at what new ones cost on eBay? If they were Volvo ones I could prolly get ‘em delivered for less than the cost of a the required rattle-cans.
      Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Need to run some longer low pressure power steering lines around the engine bay and looking at hose prices. Is it just me or is it hard to buy a “light duty” oil safe hose these days? The larger of the two will need to be 9/16” ID which really won’t route or turn corners well in 2000psi rated hose (and costs a shitload).

Am I better off doing it in alloy bundy tube? Don’t want AN fittings but will need to add a bead I guess. Other line is 5/16” ID.
        ---
        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

Originally posted by eatabag View Post
          Looking to replace my single cab rn85 hilux with an rzn149 hilux I want to swap the tray from my car to the new one because it is a hydraulic tip tray. Are the mounting pints on the chassis in the same place? Is it common across different brands even so maybe a bravo or courier etc?
          You "might" be lucky and there's no changes but generally they're different. Also depends on the mounting method of the tray if there's any wriggle room.

Comment

Originally posted by eatabag View Post
            Single and dual cab are different. But the chassis is relatively the same, and with how they make trays you should be able to just remake the mounts.
            Chris
            ------
            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
              Have you looked at what new ones cost on eBay? If they were Volvo ones I could prolly get ‘em delivered for less than the cost of a the required rattle-cans.
              Where from?

My elderly neighbour has a V60 wagon that has lost it's centre caps. They always help me out so I'd like to get them some.
              "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post
                Where from?
                My elderly neighbour has a V60 wagon that has lost it's centre caps. They always help me out so I'd like to get them some.
                Just eBay, I doubt they're genuine but they seem to work (annoying rattling being a side-effect of ill-fitting cheap centre-caps).
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                  Just eBay, I doubt they're genuine but they seem to work (annoying rattling being a side-effect of ill-fitting cheap centre-caps).
                  Appears to be nothing for my subie on there unfortunately

Comment

Extended rear shackles, is this something I can fit at home with just a scissor jack ?

Figuring I can leave the vehicle on the ground and put the jack between spring and chassis rail.... remove old shackle, wind the jack up a bit more and fit the new ones, or am I missing something ?

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
                      Extended rear shackles, is this something I can fit at home with just a scissor jack ?

Figuring I can leave the vehicle on the ground and put the jack between spring and chassis rail.... remove old shackle, wind the jack up a bit more and fit the new ones, or am I missing something ?
                      You could be missing something if the jack slipped. Like a hand, or a head for instance.
                      Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Major View Post

You could be missing something if the jack slipped. Like a hand, or a head for instance.
                        yeah I would not have either between the spring and chassis rail, I'd be behind the spring at the rear.

Comment

Just do it properly. Put the car on stands and replace the shackles when there is no load on them.
                          Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Major View Post
                            Just do it properly. Put the car on stands and replace the shackles when there is no load on them.
                            if I had the equipment to do that I would not have asked the question, A question which asks is it possible, not if it is dangerous.

Comment

Definitely possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

if I had the equipment to do that I would not have asked the question, A question which asks is it possible, not if it is dangerous.
                                By that method of thinking on a very similar line, yes it's possible to crawl under a car using just a shitty scissor jack. Would you do it though?

Comment

Working...
                                X