Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

if I had the equipment to do that I would not have asked the question, A question which asks is it possible, not if it is dangerous.
    Buy the equipment. Axle stands are $80 a set.
    Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Shonky View Post

By that method of thinking on a very similar line, yes it's possible to crawl under a car using just a shitty scissor jack. Would you do it though?
      Ummm, the car won't be lifted off the ground and supported by a shitty jack.... wont even be taking the wheels off.

Anywho, consensus seems to be a bad idea so will take to mechanic and pay him to do it.
      Last edited by fondles; 24-07-20, 03:52 PM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post

Ummm, the car won't be lifted off the ground and supported by a shitty jack.... wont even be taking the wheels off.

Anywho, consensus seems to be a bad idea so will take to mechanic and pay him to do it.
        Ummm "on a very similar line", I wasn't talking about your specific job just one that was similar.

Comment

Are those electric anti rust systems on 4x4’s actually worthwhile? Seems useless to me but so many people seem to have them fitted?
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
            Are those electric anti rust systems on 4x4’s actually worthwhile? Seems useless to me but so many people seem to have them fitted?
            100% snake oil. The physics / chemistry doesn't work.

Comment

I need to run a hose/line from my ISCV to my turbo inlet piping (currently its sucking atmo unfiltered), will a "standard" rubber hose collapse under vaccum?

hose such as this - https://www.golebysparts.com.au/prod...f6ea4d4a&_ss=r

Comment

Hmmm - there are some super car nerds on here so this one is worth a shot.

I have a 2000 Stagea RS-V, so factory RWD auto. Pretty sure the rear wheel bearings are flogged out but can't figure out which wheel bearings are the appropriate ones to buy. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by The Panda View Post
                  Hmmm - there are some super car nerds on here so this one is worth a shot.

I have a 2000 Stagea RS-V, so factory RWD auto. Pretty sure the rear wheel bearings are flogged out but can't figure out which wheel bearings are the appropriate ones to buy. Anyone have any ideas?
                  Genuine number is 43210AA100 which interchanges with a small handful of JDM models like a couple of 2WD R34s, S13 and Z32 but also with Aus delivered S14 and S15

The earlier number that it supersedes from fits Aus delivered Z32 as well

edit: wrong part number, I was looking at the hub
                  Last edited by quewastaken; 29-07-20, 04:53 PM.

Comment

the earlier number also suits RWD R33 turbo (and like 3 versions of non-turbo but I wouldn't search for DE bearings because that will just stitch you up because the majority of them have a different part number)

and all RWD R32

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
                      I need to run a hose/line from my ISCV to my turbo inlet piping (currently its sucking atmo unfiltered), will a "standard" rubber hose collapse under vaccum?

If it’s 400 series hose it should have some Gates markings on there but pretty vague description that it just says rubber hose and doesn’t specify what elastomer. If you can find some Nitrile hose then you’ll be fine. Just don’t use EPDM that’s typically used for coolant.
                      2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                      2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                      I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post

There will be bugger all vacuum upstream of the throttle, but i'm guessing that hose would be fine upstream of the throttle too.that should do fine.

i'd be looking for something cheaper, but i'm a tightarse, I "found" some 5/8" refrigerant hose (which is probably more expensive than that 400 series stuff) to use for breather hose if I ever needed it, haven't yet.

Comment

thanks guys will take on that advice.

Comment

2017 X-Trail with 69,000 k’s on it. Front pads & discs are fine, but rear pads are toast. Is this usual for them? Would have thought fronts would be done before rears.

Comment

Got a custom front leaf spring hanger, and just got a question regarding which bolt to use.
                              Option A is a bolt where the threaded section is too short, and if I were to use it, two washers would be required per end.

Option B is the opposite, the threaded part is too long and the threads will sit against the hanger.

Option C would be to find an exact length bolt (may be tricky)

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                                Got a custom front leaf spring hanger, and just got a question regarding which bolt to use.
                                Option A is a bolt where the threaded section is too short, and if I were to use it, two washers would be required per end.

Option B is the opposite, the threaded part is too long and the threads will sit against the hanger.

Option C would be to find an exact length bolt (may be tricky)
                                Add two washers.
                                " Racing cars don't have doors. Toilets have doors" : Keke Rosberg

Comment

Working...
                                X