Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post

just buy a VDO vision black gauge otherwise, they're not expensive
    I wanted to keep the oem theme hence why.

Comment

Why are munted BF falcon utes with 300k on the clock worth $9k
      "Beware the lollipop of mediocrity: lick it once and you'll suck forever" Brian Wilson

Comment

Because they are the pinnacle of utes......

Yes it is stupid how a flogged out piece of shit holds it value almost as good as a flogged out Hilux. But I am happy they do being an owner of an FG ute.

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
          Because it’s a less awful thing to operate than a brand-new $80k dual-cab.
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Don't look at the price of vs Utes then. They are going up. :o

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
            Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
            Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Cliffordcliffs View Post
              Wait really? I'm still the legal owner of a BFII xls with <150k on it because I literally couldn't give it away before I left the country in 2014
              Originally posted by myshortyboomba
              I've had many gauges in cars. I always found the conrods react faster than a gauge.

you can always hear them when they break and they stop the engine immediately so you can't do any more damage.

Comment

need to wrap a engine loom, what tape should I buy or is something like TESA cloth tape fine?

Comment

Dci do a nice woven split wrap for the pro look. Used it a few times.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                  Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                  Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                  Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Fab question:
                    Welding onto tubular sway bars, good in theory, dumb in practice?

There were ideas floating around to chop the sway bar and make the "arm" shorter with a flat section. Then make it adjustable. I thought of this years ago for the novelty of exploiting some basic supersprint rules. Gave it up because it's dumb for minute gains and weakens the bar by introducing a weld.
                    I'm not a welder yet some dumbass swedes are mentioning the opposite in order to soften an existing bar (LOL) by welding an extension flat piece with additional holes which they claim "If done properly, is stronger." So, what's "properly" ?

Comment

Dont weld sway bar. Uncontrolled heat and spring steel dont mix.
                      Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                      This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

Anyone know the legality of FIA rain lights on road cars? Given that CAMS have mandated rain lights on cars for Race Events, and are strongly encouraging it for all vehicles i am considering chucking one on the MX5 in case some scruit interprets Schedule C as applicable to road registered cars for regularities etc.
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
                          need to wrap a engine loom, what tape should I buy or is something like TESA cloth tape fine?
                          I used a fabric wrap then wrapped in this stuff.

https://www.carbuilders.com.au/underbody-loom-tape

Factory looms are now wraped in this type of tape.
                          Last edited by mizone; 19-10-20, 10:23 AM.
                          "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by kedderz View Post
                            https://jaydeeautocables.com.au/sear...roduct&q=tesa*
                            rot proof for engine bay and exterior, fleece for interior

Comment

I'm having trouble with a throttle plate which sometimes (but not always) won't fully close when the go pedal is released, leaving a small gap so the engine idles at 2000 rpm. A quick stomp of the pedal usually sorts it out but obviously this is not ideal, I want to to fully close every time.

Annoyingly it will work 100% perfectly when the engine is off, it seems there needs to be a vacuum on one side of the throttle for the problem to manifest, so that makes it a bit more tricky to diagnose.

Any ideas what I should be looking for? I gave the whole throttle body a thorough clean when I had it apart but that made no difference, and it wasn't really very dirty to begin with. I've also checked the throttle cable, it's super loose so it's definitely not that. I'm out of ideas now, anyone else got a suggestion for me?
                              Norbie!

Comment

Drill a small hole in it?

Comment

Working...
                                X