Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks lads RE the tape suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
      Anyone know the legality of FIA rain lights on road cars? Given that CAMS have mandated rain lights on cars for Race Events, and are strongly encouraging it for all vehicles i am considering chucking one on the MX5 in case some scruit interprets Schedule C as applicable to road registered cars for regularities etc.
      Fit a proper ECE approved rear foglight, they're accepted under the FIA rain light rules in Europe. The FIA rain lights I've seen online generally aren't approved for road use. And iirc a Hella rear fog light is somewhat cheaper than a shitty rain light.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

Fit a proper ECE approved rear foglight, they're accepted under the FIA rain light rules in Europe..
        eh? not that I've seen
        Originally posted by Keith Duckworth
        "I think that in a racing engine, the closer it is to disintegrating, in general the better its performance will be "

Comment

Is the throttle cable bracket bent or cable adjusted correctly? I had this issue with an old corolla. Had me stumped for a while then

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
          Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
            Is the throttle cable bracket bent or cable adjusted correctly? I had this issue with an old corolla. Had me stumped for a while then
            The throttle cable is loose to the point of being floppy when the throttle is closed and there's no binding anywhere, so I don't think that would be it.
            Norbie!

Comment

Is it pulling at the right angle?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

Yes it looks correct.
                Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by doctor ed View Post

eh? not that I've seen
                  I havent seen any either.
                  Chris
                  ------
                  The new nugget
                  I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                    Yes it looks correct.
                    add a second spring

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                      add a second spring
                      I've been having thoughts along those lines, if I can find a suitable spring I'll try it!
                      Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post

I've been having thoughts along those lines, if I can find a suitable spring I'll try it!
                        Bunnings have a spring section. do eeet

Comment

So I sold my car and 4.5 hours later I receive a message from the buyer telling me he is broken down on the side of the road the clutch has no pressure and there was smoke coming out from underneath.

In all honesty I have had no problems with the clutch holding, I have navigated plenty of hill starts around Sydney with no issues over the last four years. The young guy who bought it was pretty inexperienced driving manual and was riding the clutch quite a bit throughout the test drive.

All I can think is that he has managed to burn out the clutch in those 4.5 hours, the reservoir is full and there are no signs of a split hose (fluid on the firewall), however I'm trying to think of potential things that I may have missed.

I feel guilty that it has just happened to him however I am not sure if I should be feeling guilty or not so I'm keen to get some opinions on this.

Comment

*post-on-wrong-page-delete*
                            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

No pressure as in clutch is going straight to floor? Or it's just slipping excessively? If he's half a noob, he may have just glazed it, or a full noob slash race car drivist, he could have finished off the clutch.

Comment

From what he has told me it has gone straight to the floor, could it possibly be a clutch cable?

Comment

Working...
                                X