Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sold a car back in 2006 with a brass puck clutch. I took him for drive beforehand and warned him that it's a race style clutch. Yeah no problem ,no problem. P plater managed to fuck up clutch before the end of day. His dad called and threatened me, blah blah. Told him his son was an idiot. Why would I rip them off if I gave them a whole Shit load of spares etc for free. Never heard from them again.

Driveway warranty.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
    Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
    Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Yep driveway warranty.
      If he was slipping the clutch on the test drive, he fucked it all on his own.

Comment

Smoke coming out underneath?

He's fucked it.

Comment

thanks guys, you have pretty much confirmed what I had thought must have happened. The car has been towed to a mechanic who I'm sure will tell him the same thing. Expensive way for him to learn how to drive correctly... Makes me feel less guilty about the situation too!

Comment

I get how it makes you feel guilty, I have same issues of being too nice. Sometimes though, you have to ignore it

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
            Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
            Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
            Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Just had an update from the guy, apparently the entire clutch needs to be replaced including the clutch bearing.

I will see where the discussion goes with him, but if the only variable that changed in the scenario was the driver then surely that is the culprit. One hell of a coincidence otherwise....

Comment

As in the throw out bearing? You do it anyway because its a cunt to replace again otherwise. They usually come with new ones in good clutch kits.
                Originally posted by Buford T. Justice
                This happens every time one of these floozies starts poontangin' around with those show folk fags.

Comment

So many fucking dead shits when it comes to buying cars. I get calls all the time from people wanting a pink slip when selling a car because the buyer requested it (not needed in NSW for those who don't know). You can guarantee 100% without fail the buyer is gonna come up with some bullshit wrong with the car and try to blackmail you in to fixing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ChuckP View Post
                    I will see where the discussion goes with him, ....
                    What discussion? He bought a second hand car by private sale. No warranty given or implied. Buyer beware, etc.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	get-stuffed-gif.gif
Views:	162
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	7189170
                      Originally posted by Marlin
                      Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post

What discussion? He bought a second hand car by private sale. No warranty given or implied. Buyer beware, etc.
                        It may have changed, or I may have been ill informed, but there is or was a 2 week period on private sales (in Vic only maybe). I clearly recall a mate having to take a car back. I also clearly recall saying tough shit to some one that bought a mk11 esky of me and I had forgot to put the fuel sender unit back in.

They called from a servo surrounded in fire trucks.
                        .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

https://www.consumer.vic.gov.au/cars...ing-off-period
                          Originally posted by Marlin
                          Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

IIRC it was more about faulty vehicles than changing you mind etc.
                            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Doesn't sound like it's relevant in this case?
                              Cooling-off periods apply to cars and motorbikes bought from licensed motor car traders

Comment

Surely not. Buy car privately, flog/abuse/thrash for 2 weeks and when it breaks take it back?

Edit: yes from a dealer, no from a private seller.
                                Last edited by Shonky; 22-10-20, 09:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X