Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Quick 1JZ question. Say you whack on bigger ic, injector, wind the boosts up, dump pipe etc. Will the factory EC happy run, or would you reflash (can Toyota 1J ecu even be reflashed) or need to run aftermarket engine management
    just looking cheap and cheerful solution. But if requires a new ecu do have a ps1000 spare.

    Comment


      If you're worried ring the mechanic and ask it's it been abused or just wear and tear.

      Comment


        Originally posted by MZ21 View Post
        Quick 1JZ question. Say you whack on bigger ic, injector, wind the boosts up, dump pipe etc. Will the factory EC happy run, or would you reflash (can Toyota 1J ecu even be reflashed) or need to run aftermarket engine management
        just looking cheap and cheerful solution. But if requires a new ecu do have a ps1000 spare.
        Can't reflash Toyota ECUs. If you change the injectors you either go with a piggyback or get a real ECU. Since you have a real ECU, problem solved.
        Norbie!

        Comment


          What’s the hotness in wrx td04’s and/or upgrades? Mate has a td04L I think, it’s getting a bit tired. Likes the response, wouldn’t mind a touch more top end.
          I figured a modern version of the td04 would be good, it seems all the ihi stuff seems to add a bit more lag (but lots more top end)
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

          Comment


            I used to have a GT Pumps Turbo on my STi, it went good. From memory it was a GTPS02 (this over ten years ago)

            Comment


              Seeing as we are on the topic of the 1jz. I have just installed HKS cams and HKS timing belt on my non vvti 1jz and now have a slight supercharger like whine coming from the belt. I replaced the tensioner and idler at the same time. Should I be concerned about the noise?

              Comment


                That usually means the belt is a bit tight, but that's coming from stupid french cars where you have to manually tension the belt. With the auto tensioner I guess all you can do is double check you do have the correct length belt.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
                  What’s the hotness in wrx td04’s and/or upgrades? Mate has a td04L I think, it’s getting a bit tired. Likes the response, wouldn’t mind a touch more top end.
                  I figured a modern version of the td04 would be good, it seems all the ihi stuff seems to add a bit more lag (but lots more top end)
                  Holset he221. Some variations you can fit the chra straight into the td04 exhaust haousing, but they are good for roughly 380hp
                  Originally posted by Rdyno
                  70ynu has to be the most retarded cunt here. "Help me please" me "you need to remove your head" him "fuck off cunt I'm to lazy fuck off out of my thread you told me to do something I don't want to do so you're a cunt fuck off can some one please tell me an easier way???"
                  Originally posted by Tripper
                  Its a tight battle between you and rogercordia for the most retarded member on here, thou i think you have it by 5 window licks

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DaveBxGT View Post
                    That usually means the belt is a bit tight, but that's coming from stupid french cars where you have to manually tension the belt. With the auto tensioner I guess all you can do is double check you do have the correct length belt.
                    It was tight to get on but so was the one I replaced. Checked it against the one I replaced before installing, same length and number of teeth.

                    Comment




                      been getting a lot of bugs on the windscreen, whilst easy enough to wash of with a soapy sponge removing them with the wipers is a different story. Have tried various different solutions in the wiper bottle. is there any coatings that i can put on the windscreen that will make it easier for the wipers to remove the bug splatter
                      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Tripper View Post

                        been getting a lot of bugs on the windscreen, whilst easy enough to wash of with a soapy sponge removing them with the wipers is a different story. Have tried various different solutions in the wiper bottle. is there any coatings that i can put on the windscreen that will make it easier for the wipers to remove the bug splatter
                        Tried Bar's Bugs?

                        Comment


                          Yes tried bars bugs honestly there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the various additives.
                          you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Tripper View Post
                            Yes tried bars bugs honestly there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between the various additives.
                            Bars works with a higher ratio against the south of Perf midgie invasion. But it does leave a stain on the area behind the sprayer.

                            Try coating the windscreen with Wet Coat or car wax. it makes it easier for the bugs to come off with wiper wash.
                            "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

                            Comment


                              What about something like RainX?

                              Comment


                                There used to be a product called ‘Bug Off’. I used it once on my AW11 - ate through the clear coat on the bonnet in one day.

                                I use water now.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X