Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I have a car which is two tone. The build plate lists the exterior colour for the top half only. How do I find the paint code for the bottom (aside from taking a panel to a shop to colour match).

    Giving VIN to dealer doesn't list the colour.

    Comment


      Sometimes the paint code lookup program lists the secondary colors. Panel shop or paint supplier might be able to help you work out what it is.

      Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

      Comment


        Originally posted by Swang View Post
        I have a car which is two tone. The build plate lists the exterior colour for the top half only. How do I find the paint code for the bottom (aside from taking a panel to a shop to colour match).

        Giving VIN to dealer doesn't list the colour.
        Sales brochure from back in the day? I've seen paint colour codes listed on enthusiast websites.

        Comment


          What is the car, and what's the top-half code?
          [and it's not the a two-tone code is it?]
          Hard to believe The Internet Of Nerds can't sleuth that one up.
          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

          Comment


            Anyone know what the control module thing is for on VF Commodore thermofans, assuming it has relays in there. Will it be of use for any other vehicle needing a thermofan conversion?

            Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	7190446
            Attached Files

            Comment


              I'm planning on using a VF V8 thermo and shrouds. My plan is to throw the controller and use a Davis Craig fan controller. What am I missing?

              Comment


                Originally posted by 36 View Post

                Sales brochure from back in the day? I've seen paint colour codes listed on enthusiast websites.
                ^ can't get a brochure sadly

                Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                What is the car, and what's the top-half code?
                [and it's not the a two-tone code is it?]
                Hard to believe The Internet Of Nerds can't sleuth that one up.
                code on build plate is 051 Toyota which is white pearl. It's an old Lexus with 2 tone.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mizone View Post
                  I'm planning on using a VF V8 thermo and shrouds. My plan is to throw the controller and use a Davis Craig fan controller. What am I missing?
                  Was just thinking if it has the relays inbuilt it might be a neater way to go rather than installing another two relays like you would normally have to do. I have no idea how that VF thing works it most likely communicates with the main ecu.

                  Comment


                    Box of mystery, from a wiring loom conversion mate. It "might" be like late model alternators that use ecu input to regulate, otherwise just stay on

                    Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

                    Originally posted by 50RTD
                    Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Swang View Post

                      ^ can't get a brochure sadly



                      code on build plate is 051 Toyota which is white pearl. It's an old Lexus with 2 tone.
                      ill leave this here

                      Paint Codes.pdf
                      you cant spell advertisements without semen between the tits

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
                        Was just thinking if it has the relays inbuilt it might be a neater way to go rather than installing another two relays like you would normally have to do. I have no idea how that VF thing works it most likely communicates with the main ecu.
                        I'll dig around a mates VF.

                        GM uses a BCM ECM and "Electrical Control Centre" in the car I'm throwing it into. The ECM sends a sends a signal to trigger a relay. I'm not fucking with the ECU so will use a external controller with it's own relays and temp sensor. The complete Davis Craig setup cost me $100 last time I bought one and works a treat. Plug in hot, ACC and ground. Connect temp sensor and you're away. You can even dial in the temp when it is supposed to turn on.

                        I know the late model GM cars use a variable fan speed controller. But fuck knows what Holden did.
                        Last edited by mizone; 27-10-20, 10:58 AM.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Swang View Post
                          code on build plate is 051 Toyota which is white pearl. It's an old Lexus with 2 tone.
                          I went Googling for this last night & failed ... however, Lexus is very Supporty and Lexus dealers undoubtedly sell touch-up paint so maybe worth calling one?
                          As long as you have a non-import VIN.
                          [even without that they may be helpful]
                          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by mizone View Post

                            I'll dig around a mates VF.

                            GM uses a BCM ECM and "Electrical Control Centre" in the car I'm throwing it into. The ECM sends a sends a signal to trigger a relay. I'm not fucking with the ECU so will use a external controller with it's own relays and temp sensor. The complete Davis Craig setup cost me $100 last time I bought one and works a treat. Plug in hot, ACC and ground. Connect temp sensor and you're away. You can even dial in the temp when it is supposed to turn on.

                            I know the late model GM cars use a variable fan speed controller. But fuck knows what Holden did.
                            Will be using aftermarket ecu to control fans anyway, just curious to know what the VF module is and if I can use it in anyway.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                              I went Googling for this last night & failed ... however, Lexus is very Supporty and Lexus dealers undoubtedly sell touch-up paint so maybe worth calling one?
                              As long as you have a non-import VIN.
                              [even without that they may be helpful]
                              it's one of those cars which came in under the 15 year old rule from eons ago. no dealer wants to touch it but I've narrowed it down to 2 shades so i'm hopeful thats it

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by 080GMH View Post

                                Will be using aftermarket ecu to control fans anyway, just curious to know what the VF module is and if I can use it in anyway.
                                If it's like some manufacturers, it just has the big power/earth wires, then a single wire for PWM control, the module then does it's magic to supply the required airflow.
                                Originally posted by ALLMTR
                                Yes but more power is the solution, even if lack of power isn't the problem...

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X