Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
    Every time I've done the pre-load thing it never works. The engines always settle where they want to be.

My tips are to do the bolt up super tight or if you have access drill the hole out to accept the biggest bolt you can or just use biggest bolt possible.

Also check trans mount

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk
    Thanks. Most of the mounts are captive so can’t get a bigger bolt in. These are the two suspect offenders but will check the trans mount. These are a half hour job to change so will do these first.

Attached Files

Comment

That's not bad then.

It's not something stupid like a heat shield vibrating ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
      Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?

Comment

I was tidying the shed and cam across the camshaft from my LS rebuild #1. This engine ran for like 10 minutes before being stripped down (crank and block were fucked) and I changed the cam profile at the same time to something tamer.

I'd like to sell it if it's worth something but is the heat colouring of the bearing journal normal? I don't expect it was affected by the bottom end damage but I have nothing to compare it with and don't want to sell something that's rooted.

Attached Files
        6L FD3S RX7
        GR Supra

Comment

what size are the gearbox bolts on a VT 1 304?

Need to get one on an engine stand.
          .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by neil_se View Post
            I was tidying the shed and cam across the camshaft from my LS rebuild #1. This engine ran for like 10 minutes before being stripped down (crank and block were fucked) and I changed the cam profile at the same time to something tamer.

I'd like to sell it if it's worth something but is the heat colouring of the bearing journal normal? I don't expect it was affected by the bottom end damage but I have nothing to compare it with and don't want to sell something that's rooted.
            Flame or induction hardening to increase surface hardness, perfectly fine.
            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

Engine or gearbox going on the stand?

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Rust View Post

Flame or induction hardening to increase surface hardness, perfectly fine.
                Cheers.
                6L FD3S RX7
                GR Supra

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post

Pretty sure they are 3/8 UNC
                  Originally posted by Marlin
                  Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Cheers, I am pretty sure you are right.
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by chartreusehj View Post

Engine or gearbox going on the stand?
                      engine. Never been turned over from the factory. Be interesting to see what it's like inside.

Dr Hoon

Comment

One that probably doesnt require a full thread.

Anyone have a T3/T4 and a Falcon GT3582 lying around? Or even just the GT3582. Interested in the outer diameter of the compressor housing. Can only find wheel diameters not housing diameters.
                        Chris
                        ------
                        The new nugget
                        I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

B Series falcon i6 heat shield- the one under the car after the cat.

Mine seems to have come loose on the edge and is rattling at certain low rpm but fucks off eventually although it's getting worse.

Best way to fix this on the cheap?

Or should I just remove the cunt and deal with a bit of extra heat?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                            One that probably doesnt require a full thread.

Anyone have a T3/T4 and a Falcon GT3582 lying around? Or even just the GT3582. Interested in the outer diameter of the compressor housing. Can only find wheel diameters not housing diameters.
                            Not same turbo but a borgy.
                            Comp wheel is 74mm so I'd assume that most if not all other turbos have the same amount of clearance

Attached Files

Comment

Not sure if that's what you were after

Comment

Not quite. After the overall diameter of the housing, like this:
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 2.45.05 pm.png
Views:	556
Size:	502.7 KB
ID:	7242447
                                Chris
                                ------
                                The new nugget
                                I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Working...
                                X