Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by R31t View Post

Sorry I'm a day late here. I've got the DZ102's on my falcon. Pretty average in the wet. OK in the dry.
    The best reasonably priced tyres I've had in the wet were Yokohama AE50. I'll be going back to them next time.
    Ah bugger, guess I'm stuck with them now. Hopefully won't be driving it much longer anyway lol

Comment

H4 bulbs.

What should I buy? One set is for a 4x4 another set for a Datto.

kthx

Comment

Philips +30

Comment

Helped my young bloke take the old man weather shields of his Astra yesterday - best thing to remove residual 3m foam tape/adhesive off rubbers without ruining them?
          Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I've used eucy oil, but nfi if that will effect the rubber.
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Yeh I just tried a little patch with a citrus type goo remover....doesn't look terrible (will check again shortly after it's sat in the sun a little while) but I can notice a slightly different finish but not sure if it's the product or from rubbing it to get the majority off. Most goo removers say they work on most shit but also say "better test it in a non conspicuous area first to be sure" which is fine except none of the spots I want to remove stuff from are particularly inconspicuous lol.
              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

I've had a reasonable amount of success with soaking a paper-towel in water & "sticking" it (scrunched-up - or screwed-up to make a long blob of paper-towel in this case) whatever I'm trying to remove - a lot of goops seem to dissolve with water, as long as they stay wet for a while (eg. half an hour).
                Car Care Products will undoubtedly have something to do the trick, but that's probably way too much waiting etc than is desired?
                Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Fishing line? Or turtle wax bug and tar remover perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by tim510 View Post
                    H4 bulbs.

What should I buy? One set is for a 4x4 another set for a Datto.

kthx
                    Originally posted by BigJonWB View Post
                    Philips +30
                    The Narva + 40 are also a good bulb. Don't seem to dazzle the oncoming traffic and aren't stupid blue in colour.
                    "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Originally posted by Ribfeast View Post
                      Fishing line? Or turtle wax bug and tar remover perhaps.
                      Started with fishing line to get the fuckers off but not wanting to chunk up the rubber I didn't go too hard (and quickly switched to a long utility blade as it was faster, more accurate and didn't cut my fingers off).

Might try the water trick and have a look at detail joints but cheaper the better as there isn't a lot of it to do and I don't need that sort of thing much. I do have some Bowden's Agent Orange I could try too now I think of it!
                      Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Agent Orange will do the trick in most cases with a little dwell time.
                        ---
                        Shed Project: 1994 Laser Lynx with BP-T

Comment

yeah would go the citrus cleaner route - most of these still have hydrocarbon solvents so can still attack the rubber though (might go a bit hazy/white).

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                            Helped my young bloke take the old man weather shields of his Astra yesterday - best thing to remove residual 3m foam tape/adhesive off rubbers without ruining them?
                            Caramel wheel. Cheap as from any auto paint place.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Attached Files

Comment

+1 for caramel wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                                Brake cleaner worked for me.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Working...
                                X