Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have to check swaybar links with both wheels off the ground, not just one. And you need to physically grab them and move them up and down pretty hard. Any play whatsoever and they'll make a tonne of noise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Vegana. View Post
      Swaybar D bushes?

Pretty common for them to fuck out.
      Late model 300's do this as well. Sway bar links and D bushes. It sounds like the dead hooker isn't dead and trying to kick the boot open. That or the diff is nosing up under load.
      "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

I need to join a new fuel line to an existing line in a petrol tank.

What would be be best style of joiner to use?

A barb fitting would be nice because of fitment constraints, but unsure how fuel safe the brass Champion brand fittings are, maybe the nylon versions would be better.

Comment

Are those fiat Abarth 595’s any good?
          drove one and I liked it, but will it shit the bed every other month?
          Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
          Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
            Are those fiat Abarth 595’s any good?
            drove one and I liked it, but will it shit the bed every other month?
            In case you don't get specific answers from people who actually know the answer, I know a few people with generic cooking-model 500's and they've all been happy with them.
            Abarth cars could be different though, dunno if they have a different production-line like RenaultSport does for example.
            Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

We have friend's that have a 500, it has been nothing but trouble. They even call it Tony.
              .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Just watching a Pickles auction today, and what's the go with paying crazy prices for stat write offs?
                $14k for a '14 Hilux and even more for a water damaged MUX with mould throughout the interior.
                Is there a way to get these back on the road I didn't know about?

Comment

insurance companies pushing up the price? Aren't they one of the bigger buyers of this stuff?
                  .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

I drove by a merc CLA sedan and wondered why does it look so much better then the Ford Taurus? Both have a droopy front and rear. Size of the glasshouse/roof line in proportion to the rest of the car?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Vegana. View Post
                      Swaybar D bushes?

Pretty common for them to fuck out.
                      The D bushes have had the D !!!!.

I'll crawl back into my corner.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                        Just watching a Pickles auction today, and what's the go with paying crazy prices for stat write offs?
                        $14k for a '14 Hilux and even more for a water damaged MUX with mould throughout the interior.
                        Is there a way to get these back on the road I didn't know about?
                        Being sold outside of NSW, will likely end up back on the road.
                        I've been lucky that both the hail121 and the Bora$motion aren't flagged with NSW RMS, the 121 was technically written off in the hail storm and the Bora was deregistered in the ACT due to defects.
                        I know a few people who have bought cars that are on the WOVR in the ACT that have tried to get them through rego in NSW with no luck.

Comment

These were nsw stat write offs.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                            These were nsw stat write offs.
                            Sorry, I meant sold to buyers outside of NSW. In theory anything on the WOVR would be worth scrap value, not sure you'd make your money back stripping a 2014 Hilux unless it was loaded with aftermarket bits.

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post
                              You have to check swaybar links with both wheels off the ground, not just one. And you need to physically grab them and move them up and down pretty hard. Any play whatsoever and they'll make a tonne of noise.
                              i owe you beer or 3.
                              as you said sway bar links. its barely perceptible movement, like maybe 1mm movement, but its there. will order new links for both sides.

Comment

Nice, hopefully that sorts it.

Comment

Working...
                                X