Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post
    Are those fiat Abarth 595’s any good?
    drove one and I liked it, but will it shit the bed every other month?
    They're not the best cars but they are the most fun by a long way. Have owned two spread over 100,000kms. Neither had any trouble at all, pretty rare for things to go on them honestly. I'm trying to get into a third one this year. Check out OzAbarth on Faceballs

Comment

Originally posted by vlsv88 View Post

They're not the best cars but they are the most fun by a long way. Have owned two spread over 100,000kms. Neither had any trouble at all, pretty rare for things to go on them honestly. I'm trying to get into a third one this year. Check out OzAbarth on Faceballs
      sweet. Everything else in the category looks like an appliance or drives like one. The Abarth I drove seemed to have a really good diff too, just hauled out of corners.
      Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
      Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatWallGT500 View Post
        Caramel wheel. Cheap as from any auto paint place.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
        Caramel wheel will burn the rubber.

Comment

Only if you're a dopey cunt.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

Are there any decent wireless reversing cameras for trailers?

Wanting to put a camera on the back of the camper as it is completely invisible behind both the Kluger and the Hilux, but want to be able to take the display from one car to the other.
            Chris
            ------
            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Caramel wheel did the job and I am a slight dopey cunt as I thought I saw it start to smoke so backed it off. Definitely gets rid of it but did leave the spots I'd done looking slightly "newer" than where I didn't. gave it a quick test with a couple of trim restore type things but car was in the sun so waiting until it's cool in the arvo to have another look at it. Worst case scenario I just rub the wheel on the "other" bits by hand as it just took off the top layer/film on there but didn't damage the rubber or anything.
              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Is their a difference between K24 engines from different models?

If so, what is the best one for an N/A application in an e30?
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
                  Is their a difference between K24 engines from different models?

If so, what is the best one for an N/A application in an e30?
                  What gearbox do you use for them in rwd mode? Sounds like a fuck around?
                  Originally posted by Walt Kowalski
                  Memes are only detectable by NSA.

Comment

Lowering old shitboxes and bump steer - what's better coil overs or drop spindles?

The Nova currently has tube upper and lower control arms and coilovers and is lowered approx 2 inches (maybe a little more) from stock and still has a fair whack of bump steer (everything up front is new including steering box, steering arms, tie rods etc etc). Given the 2 inch drop is it better to achieve most of this with drop spindles and not change the geometry as much (as winding coil overs down 2 inches and losing that travel) and hopefully not getting as much bump steer and then fine tune with the coil overs or it won't make a difference?
                    Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by clutch-monkey View Post

What gearbox do you use for them in rwd mode? Sounds like a fuck around?
                      Dunno, I'm just kicking the idea about as in standard form it seems like they go for ever, make good power and will have global parts availability (I am planning on taking the car o/s in the very very long term.)
                      .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

A new Fear Factory track named Fuel Injected Suicide Machine popped-up on Spotify, which had me wondering ... what type of fuel injection would The Nightrider have been using?
                        My quick Google says it was an HQ, I guess the "lived in world" was probably mid 80's, but the "fuel injection" reference in that context & by the writers of Mad Max probably had a drag racing origin - did it?
                        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can buy 3M vinyl wrap (or similar) in sizes suitable for wrapping narrow strips of trim? Looking around ebay and amazon I find lots of the stuff in 1.5m wide rolls, but that feels like it would be a bit awkward for wrapping eg window trim strips which are 20mm wide or less.
                          Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by piss98 View Post
                            Lowering old shitboxes and bump steer - what's better coil overs or drop spindles?

The Nova currently has tube upper and lower control arms and coilovers and is lowered approx 2 inches (maybe a little more) from stock and still has a fair whack of bump steer (everything up front is new including steering box, steering arms, tie rods etc etc). Given the 2 inch drop is it better to achieve most of this with drop spindles and not change the geometry as much (as winding coil overs down 2 inches and losing that travel) and hopefully not getting as much bump steer and then fine tune with the coil overs or it won't make a difference?
                            Have a look underneath to make sure you tie rods and lower control arms are parallel to each other.
                            2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                            2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                            I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Just stuck my head under for a quick look as best I could as it sits right now and not quite. If I talk from the wheel back towards the centre of the car the tie rod seems to have a slight downward fall towards the centre of the car and the LCA is pretty level (or even possibly slightly "upwards" in comparison). Not a huge difference but there is a difference.
                              Hide yo' wife!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                                A new Fear Factory track named Fuel Injected Suicide Machine popped-up on Spotify, which had me wondering ... what type of fuel injection would The Nightrider have been using?
                                My quick Google says it was an HQ, I guess the "lived in world" was probably mid 80's, but the "fuel injection" reference in that context & by the writers of Mad Max probably had a drag racing origin - did it?
                                Mad Max's Falcon had had Scott fuel injection (for show at least) No telling what The Nightrider had (probably a Quadrajet...) but hypothetically, Hillborn was common for small block Chevs, which were common for Monaros.
                                Click image for larger version

Name:	ad-5.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	7253149

Name:	ad-2.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	7253150

Name:	dragadsss-004-jpg.2710919.jpg
Views:	213
Size:	365.4 KB
ID:	7253151
                                Originally posted by Marlin
                                Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Working...
                                X