Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need one of the old tapered exhaust flange gaskets for the firebird. The ones that look like they are made from pure asbestos. What are these things called? I'm planning to ring a few shops tomorrow and find one, but I have no idea what they are actually called.

Originally posted by doctorpat
    It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedyblue View Post
      I need one of the old tapered exhaust flange gaskets for the firebird. The ones that look like they are made from pure asbestos. What are these things called? I'm planning to ring a few shops tomorrow and find one, but I have no idea what they are actually called.

$9.99 at autObahn.

https://www.autobarn.com.au/ab/Autob...sket/p/SP02312
      Last edited by fondles; 23-05-21, 05:00 PM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Originally posted by Gin Kii View Post
        Not the right size.
        It's not that every person with the coof spreads it to 8 people. It's that 50 people spread it to nobody, 40 spread it to their nopix and kids, 5 spread it to nopix, kids, neighbour, and mate that came over to watch the footy, and the last five went to a secret illegal rave, gave it to 17 people in the mosh pit, then went to an underground hairdresser, gave it to 22 people there, then went and drank a coffee on the beach while hugging and kissing another 52 people, and then needed to look at paint colours at bunnings, before going to work as a checkoutchick at Aldi.

Comment

Not the right size.
          They sell different sizes, I linked that one as it matched your pic.

What size do you need ?
          Last edited by fondles; 23-05-21, 05:43 PM.

Don't mention the adBlocker !!

Comment

Flange gasket.

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
              Does anyone know where I can buy 3M vinyl wrap (or similar) in sizes suitable for wrapping narrow strips of trim? Looking around ebay and amazon I find lots of the stuff in 1.5m wide rolls, but that feels like it would be a bit awkward for wrapping eg window trim strips which are 20mm wide or less.
              You can buy it in 1 inch and 2 inch widths on Amazon. I just got a roll of the 2 inch last week for the exact purpose you are wanting.

Comment

Norbie

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just select your size either 1 inch wide or 2 inch wide.
                I think all up including delivery it cost me ~$60 for the 2 inch width.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by JamoRS; 23-05-21, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Norbie finished product...
                  Attached Files

Comment

looks ace man
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Commonly known as a "donut gasket"

Comment

Has the Covid tax affected all cars for sale? Just had a look at Porsche gt3 pricing, I’m very confused at how they are priced

Comment

Originally posted by RNS-11Z View Post
                          Has the Covid tax affected all cars for sale? Just had a look at Porsche gt3 pricing, I’m very confused at how they are priced
                          It's affected a shitload of things, right across the range of cars - IMHO at least.
                          For example a pov-spec 2yo Yaris with average km's cost ~$6k more than an equivalent Jazz (with lower km's) 5 years ago. I'm willing to accept I paid too much, except cars like it were selling after less than a week of advertising, so I don't think I paid too much over the odds.
                          Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

I went to the local parts shop and got the 'donut gasket' thingy yesterday. I needed a 60mm ID, so a bit of a strange size, and they had it in shock for a few $ more than the similar stuff on ebay that would take between 1 and 3 months to ship. Winning!

Comment

Originally posted by evo-gsr View Post
                              Norbie

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Just select your size either 1 inch wide or 2 inch wide.
                              I think all up including delivery it cost me ~$60 for the 2 inch width.
                              Perfect, thanks heaps for that!
                              Norbie!

Comment

So what's the go with unregistered vehicle permits in Victoria? How are they done these days, do you apply online and they are active instantly?

Might e buying a car soon and it would be good to know what to do in advance.

Comment

Working...
                                X