Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
    So what's the go with unregistered vehicle permits in Victoria? How are they done these days, do you apply online and they are active instantly?

Might e buying a car soon and it would be good to know what to do in advance.
    Online. Enter details, print and stick to window. $40 something for one day. Can get up to a month i think. Cop saw my VN with no plates at the servo, quick glance at permit and kept walking.

Comment

Ok and what's the deal with condition of car? As long as lights work, Brakes works and it's running reasonably well can you get away with dents, different colour panels, primer, rust etc?

Comment

Originally posted by nastysven View Post
        looks ace man
        Thanks mate!

Comment

Originally posted by 080GMH View Post
          Ok and what's the deal with condition of car? As long as lights work, Brakes works and it's running reasonably well can you get away with dents, different colour panels, primer, rust etc?
          Has to be "safe" is the usual requirement although may vary state to state. They don't care about appearance.

Comment

It doesn't seem to be a question they ask. I have used them a few times to get repairs done for a roadie, so by definition the car is un roadworthy and it's all good.

*shrugs*
            .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Truck question that doesn't deserve a thread... Can the truck driver deflate the airbags on a skel trailer to lower it/the container on it for easier unpacking?
              Originally posted by Marlin
              Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

yes, but not by a heap.
                .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Originally posted by evo-gsr View Post
                  Norbie finished product...
                  That looks awesome, easy enough to do?

Comment

Ok, is there any bulk degreaser that is as good as the Export cans? And not just raw diesel? Looking for an alternative now that you cant buy a case of Aussie Export degreaser from SCA for $10.
                    Chris
                    ------
                    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by Norbie View Post
                      Does anyone know where I can buy 3M vinyl wrap (or similar) in sizes suitable for wrapping narrow strips of trim? Looking around ebay and amazon I find lots of the stuff in 1.5m wide rolls, but that feels like it would be a bit awkward for wrapping eg window trim strips which are 20mm wide or less.
                      I bought this exact roll, you will need to trim it to suit. It's fantastic stuff and nothing like the el cheapo stuff you buy when trying to wrap things with it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15368615...UAAOSwVzpdpmM5

Comment

Originally posted by richzx View Post

I bought this exact roll, you will need to trim it to suit. It's fantastic stuff and nothing like the el cheapo stuff you buy when trying to wrap things with it.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/15368615...UAAOSwVzpdpmM5
                        A bit bigger than I'd like but I could make it work. Thanks!
                        Norbie!

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
                          Ok, is there any bulk degreaser that is as good as the Export cans? And not just raw diesel? Looking for an alternative now that you cant buy a case of Aussie Export degreaser from SCA for $10.
                          I reckon black magic degreaser is better than export cans. Can get it in 20L off ebay

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Comment

You can buy drums from your favorite hydrocarbon producer. Paint it on or put in a pressure pack from Wurth or whomever if thats your thing.

Comment

I've used this before, seemed to work well.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Comment

Have you tried straight Kero?

Comment

Working...
                                X