Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, Nissan afficionados. What did we get out here with the VQ35DE and coil on plugs with a long boot? Looking for longer boots for R35 coils and the yanks tend to use 2001 Pathfinder coils.
    Chris
    ------
    The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
    I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by takai View Post
      Oh boy. That Lancia is rare as. Wouldn’t be fun for a resto though.

Would drag both of them home!
      Fine, I'm convinced.

Best case I flip them, worst case they sit in my yard for another 20 years

Comment

Ok, Nissan afficionados. What did we get out here with the VQ35DE and coil on plugs with a long boot? Looking for longer boots for R35 coils and the yanks tend to use 2001 Pathfinder coils.
        how long is long?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ignition...-/164634671849

Comment

It looks like the rarity comes down to the engine size.

Is it left or right hand drive?

Last edited by Old Major; 02-06-21, 09:33 PM.
          Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Major View Post
            It looks like the rarity comes down to the engine size.

Is it left or right hand drive?
            I didn't get close enough to look, judging by the wiper orientation I'm guessing LHD?

Comment

Hmmm .... VQ35DE ... "coil on plugs with long boot" unsure, but I think for VQ35DE only Maxima & 350Z and whatever that fucked-up SUV thing was - Murino? Murano?

Also Renault Latitude, which from memory is some Samsung-built Nissan-based monstrosity.
              Last edited by Captiva Fan; 03-06-21, 12:29 AM.
              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Anyone have a real good panel beater to recommend? Found some rust in the bottom of the pocket (drivers side) of my R32 GTR.

Located Macquarie Park NSW

Comment

my crappy old KMart trolley jack that gets used maybe twice a year seems to have lost most of its oil, if I just fill it with engine oil will I die? Usual caveats apply that I'll obviously be using axle stands when I use it.

Comment

hydraulic oil at least dude.
                    .... because every driver experiences the destructive potential of the effortless surge of power available through the smallest of body movements.

Dr Hoon

DrNick is king!!!! No, Mark Webber is now! Long live the king!... hold on a minute mate, Ricci is in charge now

Comment

Auto oil is closer than engine oil if you must.

Comment

Might just buy a new jack. Don’t have jack oil, hydraulic oil, or auto oil. May as well put what it would cost to get any of those towards a jack that’s not 18 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Modified View Post
                          Anyone have a real good panel beater to recommend? Found some rust in the bottom of the pocket (drivers side) of my R32 GTR.

Located Macquarie Park NSW
                          pymble smash repairs in hornsby. Frank is the guy who owns/runs it, he's done 11ty celicas for the toymods guys. does top quality work as well, but as with majority of panel repairers he will probably take his time

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                            Also Renault Latitude, which from memory is some Samsung-built Nissan-based monstrosity.
                            Laguna/Lattitude

The (af)Fluence is the Samsung built thing.

Comment

I forgot the efFluence ... Bad lAtitude was made in Korea too, so I assume also Samsung.
                              Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
                                I forgot the efFluence ... Bad lAtitude was made in Korea too, so I assume also Samsung.
                                For those markets yeah. We got the European one. It was the flagship at the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X