Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FioriGuy View Post
    For those markets yeah. We got the European one. It was the flagship at the time.
    Are we still on the Bad lAtitude?
    Wikipedia says the only two places it was constructed worldwide were Russia & South Korea, and RedBook (for AU) says the couple of 3.5's I randomly clicked on were made in South Korea.
    Dunno if the engine was made there or imported in a crate though, which may be relevant given the context of the original request (ie. whether stuff differs).
    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 03-06-21, 11:05 AM.
    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Originally posted by Captiva Fan View Post
      Are we still on the Bad lAtitude?
      Wikipedia says the only two places it was constructed worldwide were Russia & South Korea, and RedBook (for AU) says the couple of 3.5's I randomly clicked on were made in South Korea.
      Dunno if the engine was made there or imported in a crate though, which may be relevant given the context of the original request (ie. whether stuff differs).
      talisman

i don't know, i could look it up but i don't care. i know the talisman is built in france so i'd assume the previous flagship was as well, surely you can't build the flagship in the shit factory

Comment

Looks like Talisman was the successor to the Latitude; Talisman (not sold here AFAIK) is made in both Korea & France, whereas Latitude was both Korea & Russia.
        Also looks like they've done the same thing with Talisman as Peugeot with 508, it's now all wee little 4cyl engines, no Nissan V6s any more.
        Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

is there an electric doohickey? inner paris is fucked these days, there's an odds/evens system in regards to getting into the city in a car, i -think- EV's are exempt

yeah i doubt the ye olde VQ would meet euro 6, i dunno if a ULEV car also gets you past the odds/evens system like it does in birmingham (and i think london?)
          Last edited by FioriGuy; 03-06-21, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by the buttonman View Post

pymble smash repairs in hornsby. Frank is the guy who owns/runs it, he's done 11ty celicas for the toymods guys. does top quality work as well, but as with majority of panel repairers he will probably take his time
            Legend, cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Do the safety dance. View Post

I didn't get close enough to look, judging by the wiper orientation I'm guessing LHD?
              Not a given since alot of Euro cars never bothered to swap wpers over for RHD, hell my Aussie built Pommy Triumph had LHD type wipers.
              That said, looks like the gauge pod visible on the left hand side, not even sure if they built any RHD anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by irsa76 View Post

Not a given since alot of Euro cars never bothered to swap wpers over for RHD, hell my Aussie built Pommy Triumph had LHD type wipers.
                That said, looks like the gauge pod visible on the left hand side, not even sure if they built any RHD anyway.
                There were extremely limited numbers built as RHD.
                Are you optimistic or pessimistic about the end of the world?

Comment

Well I'm waiting to hear back from old mate, if I get the go-ahead I'll collect those two shitboxes and sus out the third.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Major View Post

There were extremely limited numbers built as RHD.
                    If it is factory RHD then it would be worth abit to the right buyer, I've seen talk that factory RHD versions of car like the Ferrari Daytona etc pull a decent amount over LHD, and especially converted RHD ones, in the UK and to a lesser extent Australia
                    Amusingly there is demand for RHD versions of different cars in the US now, I know of a couple of VWs that have been converted to RHD in the US because they can.

Comment

Engine Oil flush.
                      Am I just going to cause every seal to start leaking afterwards or will it actually help?
                      15yo barra with 220k kms.

Comment

haha I did that for my newest aquisition, nek minute rear main seal leak that wasn't there before. Seems the goop was keeping it all in.

Comment

Originally posted by Sturmovik View Post
                          Engine Oil flush.
                          Am I just going to cause every seal to start leaking afterwards or will it actually help?
                          15yo barra with 220k kms.
                          Does the engine have sludge in the oil?

Personally, with a high km engine that has sludge (but no other issues) I just do two to three oil changes (with filter) within a very short period. Lots of driving and getting the engine hot then drop the oil

The only time I've used a oil gallery cleaning sort of thing was a professionally done one. It worked a treat on the moomang in the VY, I then switched to a semi syth oil that helped with high km high speed driving (100km/h for at least an hour)
                          "Keep lowering your standards until you achieve a goal" - Mike Finnegan

Comment

Musing in my morning meeting, why do so many aftermarket ECUs all use the same AMP plugs? Haltech, Link, Emtron, Motec etc are all using AMP plugs. Is it cost, flexibility, etc?

Most of the next bracket up (i.e Bosch, etc) use twistlock Deutsch motorsport connectors, which interestingly they do an equivalent line to the AMP plugs (HDP20/30 etc). Yet none of the usual suspects go this route, despite it simplifying the crimping tools required for ECU plugs as they use the same tooling as the DTM/DT plugs.

As you can tell this was an enthralling Zoom training session. But any ideas?
                            Last edited by takai; 07-06-21, 02:51 PM.
                            Chris
                            ------
                            The MX5 Noujet (its up market) | The Hilux Complete Nugget
                            I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself. - D.H.Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by mizone View Post

Does the engine have sludge in the oil?

Personally, with a high km engine that has sludge (but no other issues) I just do two to three oil changes (with filter) within a very short period. Lots of driving and getting the engine hot then drop the oil

The only time I've used a oil gallery cleaning sort of thing was a professionally done one. It worked a treat on the moomang in the VY, I then switched to a semi syth oil that helped with high km high speed driving (100km/h for at least an hour)
                              No sludge, just when I pulled the rocker cover off I noticed varnish on the top end.
                              Doesn't use any oil and only minor oil weeps here and there.

Comment

Barra will be 7L or so capacity. I’d drain out 2L and refill with diesel (yes the fuel) drive it around sedately but long enough to get it hot. 30-40mins.
                                drain out.
                                2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                                2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                                I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Working...
                                X