Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Car questions that don't deserve a thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto oil works decent too.

Comment

Why not just leave the sludge where it is?
      Originally posted by Marlin
      Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

should i do this on a car that's going to have its rear main replaced shortly anyway because the gearbox is coming off?

Comment

Originally posted by Faux Forg View Post
          Why not just leave the sludge where it is?
          There is no sludge in his engine

But if there was, cos it blocks the oil passages and thus no oil in metal on metal areas
          "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Let me rephrase that. I don't think using a chemical product to break up sludge is a better option than just leaving it be. If it's there, I'd rather it be stuck to the sides than floating in the oil. That said, I change my oil about twice as often as the book says to avoid those problems in the first place.

Question that doesn't deserve a thread: Waht's the deal with fuckin' 79 Series Cruisers getting the death wobbles at ~80km/h on smooth, straight, sealed roads?
            Originally posted by Marlin
            Chickens will slip under water in the cover of darkness like a seal team and FUCK YOU UP.

Comment

Question that doesn't deserve a thread: Waht's the deal with fuckin' 79 Series Cruisers getting the death wobbles at ~80km/h on smooth, straight, sealed roads?
              4" narrower rear track compared to the front?

Comment

When you see it, you’ll shake your head.
                2017 Ford Ranger XLT (Jeep Wrangler recovery vehicle)
                2007 KTM 250 SX

Originally posted by Monza
                I've never considered myself the type of guy to eat arse but I am currently reviewing that policy

Comment

Seems a few 4x4s do this, older bt50 will get a bit with natural frequency around 90km/h. I'm pretty sure it is a mix of tyre construction, toe and interaction of scrub radius, king pin inclination (camber/castor/trail) and non ideal Ackermann angle. Real irritating. Went in a heap of circles chasing balance or wheel run out for a while.

Track doesn't matter.
                  Last edited by Slides; 08-06-21, 09:07 PM.

Comment

If a 4WD isn't engineered to suck, it's scorned by the 4WD'ing community and they won't buy them.
                    Ever see an Audi R8 V10 offroad? No, you don't. And it's because the 4WD community hates them for being too pleasant to drive.

PS. 80-series Cruisers used to do the same thing, seemed to be from around 100km/h though. Same with GQ Patrols and the square models of Pajero. I assume this was just normal in 4WD's (including Japanese utes - 2.6L Rodeo was the same) until ... I dunno, have they stopped doing it?
                    Last edited by Captiva Fan; 08-06-21, 10:51 PM.
                    Soft roaders represent an excellent compromise between the needs of the hardcore 4x4 user and the convenience of a city hatchback. Its clear to see why they have become so popular in todays society.

Comment

Let me rephrase that. I don't think using a chemical product to break up sludge is a better option than just leaving it be. If it's there, I'd rather it be stuck to the sides than floating in the oil. That said, I change my oil about twice as often as the book says to avoid those problems in the first place.

Ohh, OK, yep, get you now. Yes also a fan of doing more oil changes to prevent this
                      "That which does not kill you, will make you very, very sick" - so says mizones mum

Comment

Need to do the water pump and timing belt on the 7afe in my old corolla. Will I die or throw spanners ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by 50RTD
                        Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                        Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                        Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Not enough castor usually. Possibly too tall a lift with no correction or flogged bushes. Our old Land Rover had epic death wobbles which would be triggered by hitting a bump a certain way. Ended up needing new bushes and castor plates, was a PITA because being ex army it had extended shackles which make the issue worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post
                            Need to do the water pump and timing belt on the 7afe in my old corolla. Will I die or throw spanners ?

nah, its pretty straight forward. have to get a couple things out of the way but its simple enough to do at home.

Comment

Originally posted by the buttonman View Post

nah, its pretty straight forward. have to get a couple things out of the way but its simple enough to do at home.
                              Legend. Yeah, need to pull most of the things off the front. Old girl done 290k so needs some loving

Originally posted by 50RTD
                              Dave, have you uploaded the data from the carby?
                              Originally posted by Dogsballs;n7259704
                              Bit harder to Wank to without Wendy, but got there in the end

Comment

Originally posted by Dogsballs View Post

nope, I did my Holden Nova one no worries after the stocker snapped, thankfully non interferance. I'm mechanically retarded and have a short fuse and no lawnmowers or walls were stabbed with screwdrivers.

Comment

Working...
                                X